Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > BlueTooth mouse recommendations

BlueTooth mouse recommendations
Danoir
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2005, 03:47 PM

Hey all,

I bought an iBook around Thanksgiving. I love it. Previously, I used an iMac DV+. I'm thinking about getting a BlueTooth mouse for my iBook (since I already have the internal module installed). The Apple one is $59 which seems a bit pricy and it's only one button. I've always used the one button but maybe I want to try two. However, I really like the solid feel of the Apple mouse so if anyone can recommend a BT mouse which isn't cheap feeling, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
D

stewart.phillip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2005, 10:57 PM

I have a MacMice The Mouse BT model and I like it. The only thing that I'm not too keen on is that the scroll wheel isn't quite like the one I used on my PC awhile ago.
PowerBook G4 1.5 Ghz 15.2"

pugnare
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 01:26 PM

I too would like a nice multi-button bluetooth mouse, but I haven't found anything so far. I have tried the MS Bluetooth Mouse, Logitech MX900, The Mouse BT and the BlueTake BT500, but keep going back to the single button Apple one.

I wan't too keen on the huge MS/Logitech ones, but the thing I really couldn't live with is the short (a few days) battery life for their rechargeable batteries. This might be fine if you are using it on a desktop machine and pop it in the cradle each night, but given the 2+ months of use I get from good AA batteries in the Apple mouse it just isn't good enough.

The Mouse BT just feels cheap and nasty, looks similar to the Apple mouse... that's all it has going for it.

The little Bluetake Mouse was the closest I came to finding a winner, but I just couldn't deal with the small size. I have never liked tiny mice, corded or otherwise.

I suggest looking at the Bluetake BT500 if you like small mice, otherwise I'd stick with the (no longer particularly expensive) Apple option.
Mark Herbert - My trusty ZebraBook

mawsdz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 07:20 PM

I would check out the iogear BT Notebook mouse. It has a USB connection for charging the internal battery and it looks nicer then the other notebook BT mice on the market. Otherwise I would check out Logitech's new 2.4ghz RF Mouse. It has some pretty sweet features. I believe it's the v500 or something like that.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2005, 08:16 PM

Yeah but it's not BT it's RF.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Forum Links
Forum Rules