Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > How to do free upgrade?

How to do free upgrade?
Gniss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 05:17 PM

I bought DL1 at the end of April on the promise of a free upgrade to DL2. Anyone know how to accomplish that? Entereing my DL1 license code does not work. Thanks.

pdmarsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 11:48 PM

In attempting to upgrade from DL1 today, I went into the Library/Licensor screen and selected Buy New License, thinking that would upgrade, but it didn't. So, I downloaded DL2, it converted my DL1 library (into a new database file leaving DL1 alone), and then I tried the Buy New License option again, this time it worked and registered my copy.

Of course, the DL1 new license I purchased cost $20, then I had to select the Upgrade price (another $20) in DL2 when I tried the second time. To be fair, when I purchased the DL2 upgrade the second time, it said that if I had purchased DL1 within its free upgrade window, I wouldn't be charged for the upgrade (even though I had to go through with the credit card info again). I sent an email off to Delicious Monster to see exactly what I was charged, just to see if I have to do anything more not to be billed twice.

Anyway, to answer your question, the easiest, most direct way to upgrade is to download DL2, and after it starts up the first time and converts your DL1 library, go to the Library/Licensor area, select Buy License, select the upgrade option, and pay for it. As I said above, if you appear in their database, you're not supposed to be charged again for the upgrade, even though you have to enter your credit card info again. We'll see if it works.
- Dave Marsh

pdmarsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 11:59 PM

I just checked my credit card account online and it appears I was billed both for DL1 ($20) and another $20 for the DL2 upgrade today. Both are still in a pending status, so I'll see tomorrow.

It's interesting that the DL1 purchase I made today returned the same license key as the installed version, so I don't really think their database treated this as a separate DL1 license, so the DL2 upgrade fee shouldn't be processed.

Fingers crossed...
- Dave Marsh

Forum Links
Forum Rules