Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 10.2.5 upgrade

10.2.5 upgrade
elfmund
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2003, 10:02 PM

hi... i have a PowerBook 400 Titanium and i bought a new HD yesterday...

installation went through like a breeze but now i get attitude from my otherwise beautiful mac

can anyone explain why the 10.2.5 update does not install ??

i just get a message a few minutes into the install that says "an error has occurred please try again" ... this is a clean 10.2 install and i have tried using the software update and through the MacOSXUpdateCombo10.2.5.dmb file from apple.com

please help

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2003, 10:07 PM

Did you properly format the drive using Disk Utility, with HFS+ format?

I don't know what your problem could be. I'd try downloading it again, and see if a corrupted download could be at fault.

Good luck.

elfmund  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2003, 11:08 PM

thx for the quick reply

i am running a perfectly normal 10.2 jaguar now and everything works nicely except this particular upgrade... now i have tried shutting it down, downloading the update directly from apple again but the same problem persists!!

jolipoli
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2003, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by elfmund:
thx for the quick reply

i am running a perfectly normal 10.2 jaguar now and everything works nicely except this particular upgrade... now i have tried shutting it down, downloading the update directly from apple again but the same problem persists!!

Before, and after, every new installation or upgrage, I run "Repair Permissions" in the Disc Utility application. With it I've never had any problems with an installation.

One other thing, you do state that it's MacOSXUpdateCombo10.2.5.dmb that you're trying to use, so I don't think this is the problem, but I downloaded a good part of the OSXServer10.2.5 combo installer before realizing that I'd clicked on it rather than on the plain, old 10.2.5 combo-

Good luck. Joel.

Forum Links
Forum Rules