Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > ThemePark HELP

ThemePark HELP
fireside
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 08:08 PM

yes, i need help with some ThemePark problems. Okay, first off, in "Menu Item Selected" (Blue or Graphite) the image provided is too small or something, because it starts to repeat itself. i don't know how to explain it, so i'll post a picture:

i used Pixie so you could see what i'm talking about better. the bottom line is the same color as the top line, so i'm presuming that it patterns itself. i tested this out using a all white with red line on top and the red line was on the bottom. any ideas?

number two: i want to make a little box around the widgets. like this:

or like on ChosenOS.

TheDisaster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2004, 08:12 PM

You could make the box part of the widget itself. Just make the inside sides of the boxes meet each other so they appear to connect.
|wishing is for suckers|

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by TheDisaster:
You could make the box part of the widget itself. Just make the inside sides of the boxes meet each other so they appear to connect.
i tried that and ended up with this:

Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2004, 08:59 PM

:: Best way to do it is make the box part of the TitleBar Caps.
:: Then, make the widgets with a transparent background
:: and they will float on top of the box.

:: Fluid

mac15
Senior User
Apr 4, 2004, 09:14 PM

If you want to make the box around the widgets, change the metal windows bevel. The first one

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2004, 10:32 PM

for the menu item selected... why not just make the graphic 1 pixel taller? Menu graphics are pretty friendly when it comes to resizing. Also, be sure to hit the Options button when you select your theme in ThemePark to turn on MenuEnhancer if you want a lot more menu editing options (which show up in Global Elements > Menus and Menubar).

The widget box is more complicated, I'll try to make this short and sweet though.

1) take a screenshot of your screen with metal and aqua window titlebars present

2) we'll do aqua first... simply take the caps image from global elements > window titlebars and make it bigger. The left half of that image is displayed in the left edge of the titlebar, the right half of the image is displayed in the right edge. Using the screenshot you took to line up the widgets in the right spot on the titlebar, create your box on the left side of the cap image. Aqua window done.

3) Metal windows are more time consuming, and I don't have time to explain it right now =-\. If nobody has posted a good explanation of how to do it by late (late) tonight when I have some time I'll try to write some clear directions, though.
DigitalRamen sucks.

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 11:41 PM

don't worry wibs, Mac15 IM'd me and told me how to do it. and i was fairly new to ThemePark (still am) so i thought by clicking "Resize all Images" or whatever would resize EVERYTHING so i was a little hesitant. but i've quickly ran into another problem..

Progress Bars: on the regular one: i want to make it so there are 1 pixel thin strips going across the progress bar, but whenever i do it, it turns out all sketchy and it like, flashes or something. i dunno, i can't explain it, and i dont know how to make .gifs.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2004, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
Progress Bars: on the regular one: i want to make it so there are 1 pixel thin strips going across the progress bar, but whenever i do it, it turns out all sketchy and it like, flashes or something. i dunno, i can't explain it, and i dont know how to make .gifs.
Glad mac15 got it worked out for you. I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean by the flashing, it sounds like a problem with the animation loop you want to have doesn't want to fit in the number of frames provided, but I'm assuming that's not the problem. If you want I could check it out for you, email it to me at [email protected]. Just don't send it as a .zip please, my mail server blocks those as viruses (damn fool windows users hurting the rest of us, heh).

One thing about resizing... the more you resize things to see what happens, the more comfortable you'll be. I strongly recommend making a backup copy of your theme and then just going crazy on the resizing... you can get some pretty cool ideas that way .
DigitalRamen sucks.

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 5, 2004, 11:11 AM

Just a note.. If you want to have a gradient for menu item selections, I recommend that you use the Menu Enhancer option, because that will make them stretch instead of tile when the selection gets too large for the resource (like in Keynote for example).

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2004, 01:39 PM

when i do use the Menu Enhancer option, i get all of these weird colors in my MenuBar and i don't know what they're for! or what to do with them heh.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2004, 04:36 PM

those colors correspond with inactive, active, and clicked states.

Hit Preview, and see the colors. While the preview is open, go to Global Elements > Menus, and take a look a look around. You'll find that certain colors are always associated with a certain state. It's not that hard to figure out, although it is a bit intimidating at first.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules