Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > lost box

lost box
fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2004, 10:44 AM

i lost the box to my powerbook with all the CDs and everything that came with the powerbook except the powercord thing. does anyone know if there is a way for me to get the cds (and whatever else came with it) i lost from apple or something?

sorry if this is in the wrong place, its not really about my powerbook or the computer, so i wasn't sure.

i_rooster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 14, 2004, 11:17 AM

Dude! it's an opportunity to get your self a DELL!!

waky waky!

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2004, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by i_rooster:
Dude! it's an opportunity to get your self a DELL!!

Very Cruel!

Mithras
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2004, 02:16 PM

People sell them on eBay from time to time, so that unscrupulous types can sell a machine "in original box."

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2004, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
i lost the box to my powerbook with all the CDs and everything that came with the powerbook except the powercord thing. does anyone know if there is a way for me to get the cds (and whatever else came with it) i lost from apple or something?

sorry if this is in the wrong place, its not really about my powerbook or the computer, so i wasn't sure.
Which PB is it?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2004, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Which PB is it?
i'm not sure which "rev" it is but its a 1.25 GHz G4 15".

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2004, 08:53 PM

Are you planning to upgrade to Tiger when it comes out? If so, it's highly unlikely that you'll ever need any of the CDs you've lost. I just recently sold 10 years worth of systems, repair disks, scan disks and other assorted paraphernalia that had been gathering dust.

So, if you can, wait for Tiger. If something goes wrong before that and you do need a new System installed you will have to bite the bullet and buy X.3. Have you checked if your home insurance covers accidental loss?

fireside  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2004, 09:00 PM

i own Panther so its no problem. i just want all the documentation and everything that came with it incase i decide to ever want to sell it. also, i would like to be able to install classic, and i was assuming classic install came with the box (i forgot) so i could kill two birds with one stone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules