Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is this funny?

Is this funny?
fireside
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2005, 02:28 AM

so a little background information. okay, so i visit another site. some of the members at that site run a ragnorak mod or server or something, for free. one of the regular members of that site, found out, downloaded the software, and then started to freak out because he thought it wasn't free. he got the "yes its free," etc answers, but for some reason didn't believe them or something, and continued to ask if it was free. i personally don't think this person is mentally up to task from what i've read of the logs that were posted by these guys who decided to pull a "prank" on him (no i'm not posting the logs).

so these bright and upstanding gentleman decided to pull a prank on the poor kid. not like a five minute prank, but a prank lasting days, phone calls, instant mesaging, etc. now first they said it was free, as i stated before, but soon after his constant nagging or something they said that it wasn't, and he had do some dumb things to get his account canceled. they made him scan his id or something, they called him up on the phone (which sadly to say i only listened to part of because of boredom and disgust), and then finally they sad his account was canceled. you'd think that they'd be done with the poor guy, but oh no. these nice guys had more in store for our friend here.

so they made up this fake questionnaire for him to fill out about his experiences with the ragnarok game, the handling of the account closure, etc. he filled it out, he sent it, then they told him it would cost 35$ or something for something, and they made him take a picture of him with the money under the guise that it was for safety reasons. i got pretty bored of reading, but i'm sure they did other "funny" things to him. i'm not sure if they've stopped the "pranks" but i think they have.

so, after reading my pretty crappy explanation, do you consider what they did to this guy funny? because i sure don't and according to one of the prankers, since i don't i "won't survive in the real world." so can anyone who has survived in the real world and doesn't find this funny please tell me so i know i won't die the day i turn 18? thanks.

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 02:34 AM

is this funny?
No.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 02:39 AM

Nope.

Sophomoric.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2005, 02:57 AM

yep.

not funny. don't think it'll float either.

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 04:12 AM

The ones who don't fit in the real world are the computer-geek "pranksters" who devised that little prank. People who bully are the ones who were bullied the most. Look it up in any psych text book. Those poor kids must have been the butt of many cruel jokes to find what they did funny.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2005, 04:17 AM

No. And I don't even think it would have been funny when I was 16 and partaking in less-than-legal substances.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Jan 11, 2005, 04:18 AM

not the real world at all. not funny at all. seems like the pransters should get pranked themselves, you know, a taste of their own medicine, to get them off their high throne. Thanks for not using "Punk'd".

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 11, 2005, 04:40 AM

I've survived a lot of real world, probably more than most, and all I see is mean and nasty. Not funny at all.
Nemo me impune lacesset

sworthy
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 04:57 AM

it's kind of like those TBS commercials...

is this funny?

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2005, 08:38 AM

are you happy about the no live satellite feed policy for macworld?

exactly .. no

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2005, 10:03 AM

Is this boring?
Yes.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

dav
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 10:15 AM

it's offensive.

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran