Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Anyone ordered G5 at Amazon.com?

Anyone ordered G5 at Amazon.com?
mediahound
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2005, 07:41 PM

Does anyone know which shipping carrier Amazon uses for their G5 Powermacs? I tried asking them but they just said they use a variety of shippers. Has anyone received one from Amazon? If so, can you tell me what carrier they used?

osxisfun
Sep 11, 2005, 07:44 PM

just got mine from amazon. they shipped UPS.

UPS on the other hand royally screwed up their online tracking and the pakcage ended up being a day late...

mediahound  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 08:32 PM

I just received a dual 2.3 from Amazon. They have $200. rebates on G5s right now!

They had trouble getting my order shipped for some reason but I called and complained and they gave me free shipping and another $100. off. You never know with them when they will fulfill your order, even if you choose 2nd day or next day shipping-it could take 3 days just to process your order.

Agent69
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by osxisfun
just got mine from amazon. they shipped UPS.

UPS on the other hand royally screwed up their online tracking and the pakcage ended up being a day late...
How much did Amazon charge for shipping?
Agent69

mediahound  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 08:46 PM

u can figure out shipping to your location yourself by adding a G5 to your cart and going through the process. You don't have to click on the final step to place your order if you dont' want to and you wll get a total including shipping.

Thade
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 11:29 PM

I ordered my G5 @ Amazon last Sunday, shipped on Mon & received Wed via UPS.

Jeff

p.s. I love it!

Agent69
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mediahound
u can figure out shipping to your location yourself by adding a G5 to your cart and going through the process. You don't have to click on the final step to place your order if you dont' want to and you wll get a total including shipping.
Thanks for the information. I didn't go too far into it because I was asked for credit card information before I could see if there were any shipping charges.
Agent69

Forum Links
Forum Rules