Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Which PDA Phone? (Blackberry, Treo, Nokia?)

Which PDA Phone? (Blackberry, Treo, Nokia?)
MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2007, 12:28 AM

Well, since I'm on T-Mobile and I'm not in the mood to hack an iPhone, I thought I'd get a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard since I am starting to use text messaging a lot and as nice as T9 is, it just isn't psychic enough for me.

I've done some research and I've narrowed it down to the BlackBerry Curve, Treo 680, and Nokia E61(i). I usually hear nothing but good things about the Blackberrys besides the Mac Syncing, even with Missing Sync. I might go for the Treo just because of this, even it feels less balanced than the BB. Any real world experience of any of these phones?

Some extra information: I am looking to switch to AT&T sometime next year after the iPhone is updated. The Nokia is most expensive, followed by the Treo and then the BB (all used/unlocked).
iamwhor3hay

gainesbend
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2007, 04:59 PM

I've been using the Treo for as long as it has been out and I love it. It works beautifully with my Mac. I use the Mac address book and calendar and have no problems.
Hope this helps

Masters2010
Nov 16, 2007, 07:04 PM

Blackberry Curve followed by Nokia E61. My office has used Treos for over a year and found that they are very troublesome; many phones just died and had to be replaced. I had the Nokia E61 for a while but replaced it with the Curve. The Nokia is an excellent phone but the Curve really is just fantastic. Once you go blackberry you won't go back.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Nov 16, 2007, 10:00 PM

BlackBerry... Treo still feels (and works) like a Palm Pilot from 5 years ago or it's a Windows Mobile device (which is better, but still not as good as the BB OS).

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2007, 11:00 PM

Got myself a Curve... it's coming in soon
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links
Forum Rules