Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Flinchy wireless card

Flinchy wireless card
Northeastern292
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2009, 09:52 AM

Hello all!

I have a MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo model), and lately the Airport card in it has been acting fritzy. I'll work at first fairly well, then all of a sudden, I'll be doing something and I'll lose my wireless connection, and can't get it back. I know it's not the router, since I checked that and that works fine, and my old VGA PowerBook G4 12'' gets the wireless connnection perfectly. This ironically started while I was at my friend's house and she was helping me get hooked up to her connection. I even went as far as booting up with a different hard drive (which has 10.4.11 on it). That didn't work, so does anybody think my Airport card is fried?
The Mac Collection:

Power Mac G4 Sawtooth at 450MHz, Power Mac G4 Gigabit Ethernet at 400MHz, three Power Mac FW800's at 1.0GHz, MacBook Pro at 2.0GHz, my late father's G3 iMac at 350MHz, an iMac at 500MHz, a PowerBook G4 (12-inch VGA) and a PowerBook 170

Forum Links
Forum Rules