Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Can't Change Quicktime X Icon

Can't Change Quicktime X Icon
cgc
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2009, 08:03 PM

I don't like the new QuickTime X icon so I was going to change it to the QuickTime 7 version. The copy and paste from old to new via Get Info didn't work. I could do that and copy the QuickTime 7 icon over RapidWeaver, for example.

Does anyone know how to change the QuickTime X application icon? Thanks.

Edit: tried changing other Apple software icons and none of them were changeable via copy/paste (I tried Safari, Preview, and Activity Monitor).

Edit2: Duh...permissions issue... the heat in California the last few days is making me more dumbest.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2009, 07:39 AM

Yeah, it was hot yesterday!

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

dru
Senior User
Sep 10, 2009, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
Edit2: Duh...permissions issue... the heat in California the last few days is making me more dumbest.
Changing permissions didn't make the difference for me. What am I missing?
20" iMac C2D/2.4GHz 3GB RAM 10.6.8 (10H549)

cgc  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2009, 12:50 PM

Did you enable read/write access for you and copy/past icon in the Get Info window? If that's not working try selecting the Quicktime X icon in Get Info and hit the delete key (or maybe that was the backspace key). In 10.5 it wouldn't let you change a changed icon, you had to delete the changed icon (via delete or backspace) then paste the new one on top of the original. Hope that makes sense...

Forum Links
Forum Rules