Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Furious with Deliver2Mac's customer service

Furious with Deliver2Mac's customer service
moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2009, 10:06 PM

I saw macnn links to the mac version of X-3 Terran Conflict game and thought it would be a good game for me to get into, so I pulled out my credit card went to Deliver2Mac's site and bought it.

They immediately gave me a download link, it's a 6 gig file but I have a fast connection here so I assumed a few days. Imagine my surprise when the download starting coming down at 5K a second, did they expect me to wait six months?

I emailed for an alternative link and they emailed me back within 24 hours saying their servers are experiencing issues to due demand, wait a day or two.

Its now 1 month later I have tried 10 or to times to connect emailed them 2 times asking for help and then eventually a refund with no reply.

The download is via http and is non resumable (even with speed download).

Its not a massive amount of money, but I feel like I have been robbed.

Any suggestions?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2009, 10:13 PM

Dispute the charge?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

lexapro
Baninated
Nov 7, 2009, 10:20 PM

Dispute it with Amex. You certainly used an Amex to purchase it. They have the best costumer service.

moonmonkey  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2009, 11:32 PM

I tried at my bank and they said they could not dispute as I had agreed to the purchase.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2009, 11:53 PM

Ask them to post you a DVD?

Phileas
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2009, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
I tried at my bank and they said they could not dispute as I had agreed to the purchase.
That's not the point. They are not delivering, leaving you out of cash. I'd go back to my bank and give them hell.

I would also contact D2M by phone and raise a stink in any way possible.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 12:36 AM

What credit card did you use ?

-t

moonmonkey  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2009, 03:36 AM

Visa.

I don't expect them to have Akami servers, but they should at least respond to my (very polite) emails.
I would urge other people to avoid this company.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 04:08 AM

If you cave and decide to try to download this through their servers, I would suggest using Curl, as you should be able to resume your download that way, and you can detach this session so that it downloads in the background without having to keep your terminal open.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this!

lexapro
Baninated
Nov 8, 2009, 04:17 AM

Did you use a Debit card branded as a Visa? If so then you made the worst possible choice for a purchase. Only use Amex. Ever.

moonmonkey  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2009, 05:07 AM

I used a Visa credit card.

Thanks Besson, I will try curl.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2009, 11:18 AM

I'd be furious too. If Deliver2Mac can't/won't send a DVD, and you can't get your money back then try Besson's idea. There are other downloader apps, like Folx (you can schedule when the download occurs and resume, etc). Good luck moonmonkey. Try to get/use an American Express card in the future, it's like having the Mafia on your side.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
Try to get/use an American Express card in the future, it's like having the Mafia on your side.
Unless the problem you have is with a ticket you purchased from an airline.....

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2009, 06:32 PM

I used a Visa credit card.

Thanks Besson, I will try curl.
Your bank is full of it. Every credit card in the known universe allows you to dispute a charge for something you didn't receive or which was defective.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2009, 06:36 AM

That's a crock. Dispute the charge and get it over width. Merchandise not delivered.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Unless the problem you have is with a ticket you purchased from an airline.....
Please elaborate, if you wish.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2009, 01:17 PM

The nice thing about chargebacks is you win if the offending company fails to respond in due time.

Having all the necessary paperwork that your item wasn't received, didn't meet all advertized requirements, etc. only bolsters your case. Find others with the same problem and your case is even stronger.

Even airlines can be hit with a chargeback. Just google it. It works.

This is why credit is awesome and debit sucks. In the beginning, credit it not using your money, but someone else's. With debit, once it's gone, it's harder to get back.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2009, 01:31 PM

I have always believed that if you use a Visa (Debit Card) you are stuck and can not do a chargeback, so I have always used my real Visa for almost all purchases. I use my Debit card for ATM transactions and a few store purchases. I pay off my Visa credit card each month leaving less than a $100 balance. Most of the time a zero balance.

I mentioned this to my bank teller from Wells Fargo and she insisted that Wells Fargo will process chargebacks on Debit cards. I'm not going to take a chance to find out.

Arty50
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2009, 05:52 PM

Wells is good. I had an ATM in Ireland process my transaction without spitting out any money. I got on the phone with Wells right after and they credited my account immediately before the dispute was even resolved. It took a month or two to settle, but I had the money available the whole time. Well's fees may be high, but their service is top notch.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2009, 01:57 AM

The feature that I really liked for approx. 4 years was my local Wells Fargo branch was in my local store and it was open 7 days a week until 9 PM. When the store decided they wanted to open a coffee shop and kicked out Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo moved to their own store front and then they started reducing their hours until it was down to 6 days and eventually closed earlier in the day.

They still had a few branches that were open till late in the day, but I had to drive a ways to get to them, which really sucked.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
I mentioned this to my bank teller from Wells Fargo and she insisted that Wells Fargo will process chargebacks on Debit cards. I'm not going to take a chance to find out.
I would never do that (switch to Debit from Credit).

Just imagine how wrong charges can spiral out of control by causing overcharge fees, which in turn cause overcharge fees etc.

Yes, in the end, Wells might fix it, but you are on the phone for a long time just to straighten it out, and you need to be watching your bank account constantly.

Far too much work.

With CC, I can check my bill once a month and be done with it.

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2009, 02:40 PM

What kind of monkey business is this ?

Please let us know what bank this is, so I can put this on my "avoid" list.

If I were you, I'd call them up and tell them to fix this ASAP, or lose your business.

-t

hayesk
Nov 10, 2009, 03:35 PM

Yeah, don't go to the bank and talk to a teller - call their VISA line and dispute it over the phone. They'll take your chargeback.

Forum Links
Forum Rules