Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal (leopard) problems - need help

iCal (leopard) problems - need help
Paco500
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2008, 12:22 PM

iCal is causing me to drift into insanity. I have 5 local calendars and 4 subscriptions. My initial problem was that Mail was choosing a (local) calendar as my default calendar for new meeting invites that I did not wish to use. After about 15 min of trying without success to set a default calendar, I decided to just delete all calendars except my new "main" calendar. Every time I quit and restart iCal, all the calendars come back and it defaults back to the one I don't want.

I have rebooted and repaired permissions. No joy.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I might overcome this? Are the calendar files stored in the file system anywhere?

Help. Please.

desertmac
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2008, 02:09 PM

Local iCal calendars are stored in ~/Library/Calendars
MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz 4Gb
MBA 13" 1.6 Ghz 2Gb

Paco500  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the tip- and here's hoping it's a good first step. Unfortunately, when I delete everything in the folder (which I have to do from a terminal as another user when I'm logged out as the cache file is in use), as soon as I reboot, log out/in or restart iCal, all the files reappear. Something else is controlling this. I have turned off iSync- any other ideas as to what is causing this?

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2008, 12:27 AM

Paco.. welcome to the special corner of Hell that is called the new ical corner.

Seems it's got a ton of back ups. Search all the usual suspects. I think I fixed mine by going to library/ preferences and clearing some files there. Poke around and look for them. Sorry.. I just can't remember the exact thing, but I know what you're talking about.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Paco500  (op)
Professional Poster
May 1, 2008, 02:02 AM

Turns out the problem was with iSync. I had to manually reset sync services and everything was fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules