Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 26)
Thread Tools
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 10:59 AM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
A nuke is coming, I can feel it.

The other day on Wasteland. I get my Pave Low. Its sent into the air after 10 kills with the 50. It kills one person and I have my chopper gunner. I wait for a bit and the Pave Low gets shot down taking me to 15 kills. The chopper gunner is launched. I am still alive. I get 3 kills before it gets shot down. 18 kills. I was so angry. I've never seen choppers shot down so quickly.
If I have cold-blooded and a stinger, and 3/4 of the time I do, I'll shoot down any harrier or chopper fairly fast. But then I'm working on getting the cold-blooded VI challenge.

Originally Posted by mattyb
A guy in our clan has passed the 10 nukes mark. I've seen him get 3. He uses nothing but the 50 with thermal and his G18s (Akimbo).

Anyone here get a nuke yet?
I haven't got one nuke yet. But then again, I don't see myself getting a 25 killstreak, and nuke's don't seem to come in care packages or emergency air drops.

I saw Dakar last night. I think he was having a bad night, he dropped in I think on my last match before I logged off for supper.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 11:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I saw Dakar last night. I think he was having a bad night, he dropped in I think on my last match before I logged off for supper.
Yeah, I jumped in early in the match and it was really quiet.I set-up in the usual spot but every one seemed to be beating to the punch on kills.SO I tried a different , but very prone spot, and had mixed results.

The game, however, did set a new bar for worst game ever. Our team won 7500- 1600. Jesus.
     
mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY²
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 11:45 AM
 
I finally hit level 70 last night and got all of the M16 attachments.
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 12:49 PM
 
I went on a media black-out for a week. Only work-related stuff allowed. No news, Twitter, Facebook, tv, movies, and of course...no MW2.

My second game back ended with me getting the final kill after chasing an enemy down into the bunker on Wasteland. I got popped by one of his teammates, so I had to get into a corner to heal up. Another guy runs in behind me, so I take him down and then listen to him absolutely FREAK OUT about me "camping" for the next minute. If anything, I don't sit still enough on this game.

I finally got it through to him that he caught me healing, and we wound up running together for a few matches, but brings me to the following point:

I'm SICK of people whining on this game. They whine about campers. They scream, "I SHOT HIM THREE TIMES! HOW DID HE KILL ME?" They complain if you snipe. They complain if you knife. They complain if you noob tube. They complain if you run solo too often. They complain if you just happen to run into a doorway at the same time as them (somehow it's always the other person's fault and they're the one getting in the way).

I know the whining issue isn't MW2-specific (Uncharted 2 gets just as much of this), but it's just been really grating at me lately.

Also, I highly recommend the media black-out. Completely clears the mind, gripes about MW2 whiners notwithstanding.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 12:55 PM
 
What I find interesting is I never heard this in COD4. I'm sure some of the complainers will claim it's because the maps were "better", but I could camp in that almost as much.

I suppose this beats out GoW2 where all we did was cite lag for every loss.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 01:10 PM
 
Oh yeah, a quick weekend round-up:

• Mastered the TAR & M16, in addition to SCAR previously this Prestige. All that's left to master in the AR range is the FAL (Single-fire bullet-penetration kills? Impossible), F2000 (sucks), and AK47 (Unlocked at 70, see you at final Prestige)

• Like I said, saw the new worst TDM game ever, 7500-1600

• Got a multi-kill (4 kills) with my TAR. Just a cluster**** of dudes that happened at the right time. In retrospect, I'm pissed I didn't get the "empty every bullet without missing" challenge. I really hope I didn't screw it up by reloading.

• Wrecked 5 dudes with a stealth bomber on Afghan last night, and about 5 seconds later realized I almost got Red Carpet, and screwed the pooch on an Omnicide.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
 
Just to elaborate even more on this 'camping' issue, if that's even necessary at this point.

I find it perplexing to complain about campers, presumably because their stationary hi-jinx is the sole reason for the other team's loss. I consider myself to be a run and gun player, scampering around the level flanking at all times constantly outing people from their spots. I can only assume the folks who complain about campers also play this way, right? I mean, if you hate camping you must be a run and gun player, correct?

Here's where I get confused. I actually seek out campers, I make them a primary target if I know where they are camping. I am able to be, not only successful, but downright menacing against camping teams because of my very aggressive style of play. I never complain about campers because I usually pwn them...hard.

This begs the question... Why don't teams that prefer run and gun simply destroy the other team of lowly campers? If camping is less than their style of play why the hell do we win so goddamn often with Dakar and Boy8 camping? Because they suck, these complainers have no imagination for gameplay or ability switch gears dozens of times in a match in order to be successful. At any time I may be in a transition of gameplay. If I oust a group of campers from a spot I end up camping right there waiting for retribution, and you know what, it works! If I am camping/recovering and I get a kill I usually switch to run and gun trying to catch those off-guard that may have been heading towards my location.

Last night I went 35-10 on Rundown, basically 'camping' one spot. The small store near the back 'alamo' building. Course I was running in and out, back and forth, round and round this area, but still basically staying in one spot. Why, you may ask? Because I was getting 2 kills every minute or so because the other team kept rushing me, over and over and over. I'd get a kill, spin around and run outside, get another kill, spin around and go inside, nuther kill, etc etc....

Now why, in the name of all that is holy, would I leave that area? Why wouldn't I camp? What reason is there for not getting 20 kills on a retarded team that rushes you from the same spots over and over? Yeah I camped, and you walked right into it a dozen times. Well done asshats.

phew, that's enough rant for now.
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
The game, however, did set a new bar for worst game ever. Our team won 7500- 1600. Jesus.
Oh, okay, now I get that message you sent me. I guess it would have made more sense if I had read it right after the game. I knew we won, I didn't realize by how much.

That is quite a huge difference.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Just to elaborate even more on this 'camping' issue, if that's even necessary at this point.

I find it perplexing to complain about campers, presumably because their stationary hi-jinx is the sole reason for the other team's loss. I consider myself to be a run and gun player, scampering around the level flanking at all times constantly outing people from their spots. I can only assume the folks who complain about campers also play this way, right? I mean, if you hate camping you must be a run and gun player, correct?

Here's where I get confused. I actually seek out campers, I make them a primary target if I know where they are camping. I am able to be, not only successful, but downright menacing against camping teams because of my very aggressive style of play. I never complain about campers because I usually pwn them...hard.

This begs the question... Why don't teams that prefer run and gun simply destroy the other team of lowly campers? If camping is less than their style of play why the hell do we win so goddamn often with Dakar and Boy8 camping? Because they suck, these complainers have no imagination for gameplay or ability switch gears dozens of times in a match in order to be successful. At any time I may be in a transition of gameplay. If I oust a group of campers from a spot I end up camping right there waiting for retribution, and you know what, it works! If I am camping/recovering and I get a kill I usually switch to run and gun trying to catch those off-guard that may have been heading towards my location.

Last night I went 35-10 on Rundown, basically 'camping' one spot. The small store near the back 'alamo' building. Course I was running in and out, back and forth, round and round this area, but still basically staying in one spot. Why, you may ask? Because I was getting 2 kills every minute or so because the other team kept rushing me, over and over and over. I'd get a kill, spin around and run outside, get another kill, spin around and go inside, nuther kill, etc etc....

Now why, in the name of all that is holy, would I leave that area? Why wouldn't I camp? (my note: exactly!) What reason is there for not getting 20 kills on a retarded team that rushes you from the same spots over and over? Yeah I camped, and you walked right into it a dozen times. Well done asshats.

phew, that's enough rant for now.
What you're talking about is what I've heard referred to as "patrolling an area." This is perfectly sensible, and it's the way that I usually play about half of a round, particularly on Rundown. I suppose campers would be the guys who crouch behind a crate, wait for someone to inevitably run around the corner, then kill them at point blank range before disappearing behind the crate again.

Which is exactly why your point makes sense: it's a completely ineffectual way to play the game. The reason they do this is because they absolutely suck. Why complain about people who are desperately trying to stay alive? I'd take it more as a compliment, since it is obviously their last resort.

As frustrating as the game can be from time to time, I just like having fun with it. I might mention how I'm having a terrible game, but I'm still going to try to snap out of it. I just wish the people that always invent some kind of excuse for their poor play would stop blaming it on everyone but themselves.
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
• Got a multi-kill (4 kills) with my TAR. Just a cluster**** of dudes that happened at the right time.
Damn, you beat my record. This weekend I got 2 triple kills with the AT4-HS (spelling?) rocket launcher. On Favela I ran up from the bottom of the map on the start of the game and blew up the truck on the corner. On Afghan I launched the rocket into the big bunker from the side of the cave with the jeeps.

Like you said, a cluster of dudes in the wrong place at the right time.

I also got the car bomb challenge which gave me the Big Badda Boom title, I think.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:28 PM
 
Well shit, I have a multi-kill (non-danger close) from a Semtex too. Explosives are in a class of their own.
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:40 PM
 
I just ignore or mute the whiners or complainers. It's just that their frustrated. It's just like when I get frustrated with running shotgunners killing you in one shot or snipers sniping you from across the map. Eventually you get even or you ignore that spot. Or you swear, to yourself.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 04:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Just to elaborate even more on this 'camping' issue, if that's even necessary at this point.

I find it perplexing to complain about campers, presumably because their stationary hi-jinx is the sole reason for the other team's loss. I consider myself to be a run and gun player, scampering around the level flanking at all times constantly outing people from their spots. I can only assume the folks who complain about campers also play this way, right? I mean, if you hate camping you must be a run and gun player, correct?

Here's where I get confused. I actually seek out campers, I make them a primary target if I know where they are camping. I am able to be, not only successful, but downright menacing against camping teams because of my very aggressive style of play. I never complain about campers because I usually pwn them...hard.

This begs the question... Why don't teams that prefer run and gun simply destroy the other team of lowly campers? If camping is less than their style of play why the hell do we win so goddamn often with Dakar and Boy8 camping? Because they suck, these complainers have no imagination for gameplay or ability switch gears dozens of times in a match in order to be successful. At any time I may be in a transition of gameplay. If I oust a group of campers from a spot I end up camping right there waiting for retribution, and you know what, it works! If I am camping/recovering and I get a kill I usually switch to run and gun trying to catch those off-guard that may have been heading towards my location.

Last night I went 35-10 on Rundown, basically 'camping' one spot. The small store near the back 'alamo' building. Course I was running in and out, back and forth, round and round this area, but still basically staying in one spot. Why, you may ask? Because I was getting 2 kills every minute or so because the other team kept rushing me, over and over and over. I'd get a kill, spin around and run outside, get another kill, spin around and go inside, nuther kill, etc etc....

Now why, in the name of all that is holy, would I leave that area? Why wouldn't I camp? What reason is there for not getting 20 kills on a retarded team that rushes you from the same spots over and over? Yeah I camped, and you walked right into it a dozen times. Well done asshats.

phew, that's enough rant for now.
Your Rundown example is what I strive for (particularly on Sub Base). A counter example is the Bunker on Afghan. I rarely leave it because I can make quite the living off the enemy team just throwing bodies at me in a misguided attempt to displace me. Only once or twice has anyone referred to my (or my teams) holding it as camping.

Similar deal for the rooftop in Karachi. It's the best and worst teams that will relentlessly attack you there. If one of your team mates can make a living just defending a certain spot, it's not his strategy that's wrong.

Third example: I do camp the shit out of the stairs on Skid Row. I keep moving around on them, then, once I figure I've infuriated them a dangerous amount (5 -6 kills) I move on to a new area for awhile (before returning later).



The only time I truly camp-camp is when I have no mini-map, there's killstreaks in the air when I have no cold-blooded, or I think I'm surrounded by multiple enemies and I have no clear plan of attack.
     
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:16 PM
 
I automatically mute anyone I don't know as soon as I join a lobby. I find the chatter useless, I'm not gonna rely on strangers to let me in on anything I need to know, so I might as well not hear anything they have to say.
     
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:23 PM
 
Camping is pretty effective in terms of racking up kills, but there's really an art to it. You can't sit in one place and expect to get a bunch of kills, eventually they'll kill you just based on knowing where you are. The most effective form of camping is to keep moving, and utilize the fact that people want payback to your advantage. When you kill someone, more often than not, they're going to come back to where you were and try and kill you; knowing this, you can adjust your positioning to counter them coming to look for you and kill them again. And again. And again.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:25 PM
 
Exactly.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
What you're talking about is what I've heard referred to as "patrolling an area." This is perfectly sensible, and it's the way that I usually play about half of a round, particularly on Rundown. I suppose campers would be the guys who crouch behind a crate, wait for someone to inevitably run around the corner, then kill them at point blank range before disappearing behind the crate again.
Well then, I'd say I spend at least half the game patrolling areas.

I'll run and gun until I kill somebody, and then I'll patrol the area waiting for the same dude to come back or for somebody else who heard my shot and/or saw me on radar. Rinse, repeat.

I'll usually never truly 'camp' that is camping the way you described it. Mostly since I like running around, and also because I'll bet my bottom dollar you can't be the kill leader staying in one spot all game, even if you are near a high-traffic zone.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Well then, I'd say I spend at least half the game patrolling areas.

I'll run and gun until I kill somebody, and then I'll patrol the area waiting for the same dude to come back or for somebody else who heard my shot and/or saw me on radar. Rinse, repeat.

I'll usually never truly 'camp' that is camping the way you described it. Mostly since I like running around, and also because I'll bet my bottom dollar you can't be the kill leader staying in one spot all game, even if you are near a high-traffic zone.
Two-words: Kill streaks.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:36 PM
 
I've been doing so well lately I might have to start adopting you and Boy8s style of play for the beginning of the match. At least twice yesterday I would have had an AC130/Chopper Gunner streak but I had UAV/Pred/Harrier selected.

I'll be on tonight around 10 for a couple hours, I've been playing so well (for me) lately I'm really having a ball, despite being called a camper every match.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:38 PM
 
Can I assume you're enjoying core a little more than back when the game was released?

I was a little surprised that you weren't dropping AC-130s last night, now I know why. But then again, you're the one I've been relying on for UAVs...

Yep, I think my buddies usually start a little earlier, but I usually close-out my nights with some MW2 from 10-12.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:42 PM
 
Oh, not to shit on our little circle jerk, but my impression of the M1014 hasn't changed much. It's even worse with the silencer (duh, I guess). I'll keep using it every time I unlock it, but I can't help but feel the SPAS is more effective in the situations I use it in.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Can I assume you're enjoying core a little more than back when the game was released?

I was a little surprised that you weren't dropping AC-130s last night, now I know why. But then again, you're the one I've been relying on for UAVs...
Much more, I give credit to playing the game enough to really iron out what class works best for me.

I actually kept UAV simply for that reason. I figured I must at least be helping my team slightly with it, and I was getting 3 kill streaks regularly last night so I imagine I might have assisted dozens of kills.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Oh, not to shit on our little circle jerk, but my impression of the M1014 hasn't changed much. It's even worse with the silencer (duh, I guess). I'll keep using it every time I unlock it, but I can't help but feel the SPAS is more effective in the situations I use it in.
I get caught between pumps with the SPAS. The 4 shot capacity of the M1014 is actually awesome for me. Empties fast, reloads fast. I tried the Striker but found myself detesting the reload times. I have only about 30 more kills or so left with the M1014 and then I unlock extended mags, I'm very excited. At least half the kills on my 30+ matches were with the M1014, it's rapidly becoming my main weapon on crowded maps with lots of interior spaces.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 05:59 PM
 
That's why I commented on it, because I'm pretty sure you were massacring people with it. And I have already endorsed the reload times as fantastic. If it weren't for kavVka's endorsement, I'd suspect it might have something to do with difference in play styles.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 06:06 PM
 
Also, I'm sure I've said this before, but thank god you can't have an HBS on shotgun. Could you imagine what you'd do then, sek?
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 06:07 PM
 
Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
Camping is pretty effective in terms of racking up kills, but there's really an art to it. You can't sit in one place and expect to get a bunch of kills, eventually they'll kill you just based on knowing where you are. The most effective form of camping is to keep moving, and utilize the fact that people want payback to your advantage. When you kill someone, more often than not, they're going to come back to where you were and try and kill you; knowing this, you can adjust your positioning to counter them coming to look for you and kill them again. And again. And again.
Very true.

There's been many time when I'm camping, if I don't move I get killed, and there's been many a time that when I move from camping spot to camping spot, I don't get killed as fast.

There's also been many a time that I am camping and get killed that I find something new about the map. I didn't know anything about a certain ladder in Favela, until some guy used it to get me from behind.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 06:12 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Also, I'm sure I've said this before, but thank god you can't have an HBS on shotgun. Could you imagine what you'd do then, sek?
Jesus, I'd camp the video store in Rundown with M1014 and make an even bigger mockery of the opposing team.
     
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 06:52 PM
 
You can't silence any shotgun and expect to do well, at that range you may as well stab...
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:07 PM
 
The SPAS and I would beg to differ.
     
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:09 PM
 
You can beg all you want, mean while I'll be filling your face with lead from my semi-auto, unsilenced shotty.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:13 PM
 
Noticing you are about to Prestige yet again Dakar, I wonder what new perks/weaps/etc are you going to go with this time? Got anything in mind?

I really abandoned all my other ARs once I got the ACR, I figure next Prestige I'll focus on the M4 right away (which has similar damage, range, fire rate and accuracy to the ACR) and maybe give handguns a try.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:13 PM
 
A silenced SPAS has better range than the M1014. There is no arguing this.

I think the SPAS' main fault might be it's spread is too concentrated.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:16 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Noticing you are about to Prestige yet again Dakar, I wonder what new perks/weaps/etc are you going to go with this time? Got anything in mind?

I really abandoned all my other ARs once I got the ACR, I figure next Prestige I'll focus on the M4 right away (which has similar damage, range, fire rate and accuracy to the ACR) and maybe give handguns a try.
Well, I'm pretty much done with AR mastery til 10. As much as I started to play with the FAL this Prestige, it fell by the wayside so I could finish the M16s mastery. So I look forward to giving it another chance, as well as starting some LMG masteries. I'll also be putting kills on Wwhatever sniper, just for the sake of working on the Prestige challenges.

Other than that, I'm going to get the sleight of hand emblem, and perhaps One Man Army too, if time allows.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
You can beg all you want, mean while I'll be filling your face with lead from my semi-auto, unsilenced shotty.
Hell yeah, team M1014 unite!

The only time the semi-auto M1014 screws me over is against somebody with Last/Final Stand. One blast is enough for most situations, but I like two successive blasts to make sure people don't get up. Problem is the second blast goes to waste on the Last Stand asshole who, when falling down, is completely invincible. In fact I'm so eager to end his life I usually fire the 3rd shot to soon, and it still doesn't hurt the guy. My last shot will finish him off but that leaves me in a situation where my clip is empty and I just made a heap of noise, alerting everyone near me.

Again, I'm really excited for extended mags.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
A silenced SPAS has better range than the M1014. There is no arguing this.

I think the SPAS' main fault might be it's spread is too concentrated.
Which is also awesome for those close-to-mid-range folks that other shottys simply spit at. I was playing at a friend's house recently, and went several 25+ kill games. he is only a lvl 29 or something so I had to use the SPAS, which I was appalled at the range of. In my bread and butter ultra close range quick reaction it tends to not have enough spread, like you've stated, and misses my foes.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:24 PM
 
It's like a balanced 1887. WIth less range.
     
sek929
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
 
Odd how the shotgun with the best range, even after nerfing, is by all accounts an antique f**king blunderbuss.
     
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I'll let you know when I get there...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 08:35 PM
 
An undue homage, much like the AK-47.
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 10:56 PM
 
Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
An undue homage, much like the AK-47.
Trouble is, they give you the AK-47 at level 70. You don't have time to play around with it much and master it, unless you stay at 70 for a week. They should give it to you at least at level 68, if not sooner.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 1, 2010, 10:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I really abandoned all my other ARs once I got the ACR, I figure next Prestige I'll focus on the M4 right away (which has similar damage, range, fire rate and accuracy to the ACR) and maybe give handguns a try.
I was going to master an SMG, the UMP45, but I was having problems getting the FMJ shots for the extended magazines. I sorta gave up on it.
( Last edited by Leonard; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:25 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:33 AM
 
In retrospect, we should have done a throwing knife game last night.
     
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:40 AM
 
I killed 7 guys in one go with a predator missile in High Rise last night. Apparently 5 of them had cold-blooded, because I only saw two.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:47 AM
 
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Trouble is, they give you the AK-47 at level 70. You don't have time to play around with it much and master it, unless you stay at 70 for a week. They should give it to you at least at level 68, if not sooner.
The AK, the 1887s and the RPG all fall under this. I think this prestige I got to play with them the least - perhaps because I managed to actual Prestige so quickly (lvl 70 not withstanding)

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I was going to master an SMG, the UMP45, but I was having problems getting the FMJ shots for the extended magazines. I sorta gave up on it.
Skid Row. The second floor is ripe for penetration kills between the mattress blocking the hall and combat between rooms (walls).


I'll consider working on the SMGs after I'm done with the LMGs.
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:48 AM
 
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I killed 7 guys in one go with a predator missile in High Rise last night. Apparently 5 of them had cold-blooded, because I only saw two.
...Ground War, eh? Domination?
     
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:49 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
...Ground War, eh? Domination?
No, TDM. It was pretty amazing.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
 
Any challenges completed from it?
     
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 11:54 AM
 
Actually, I must be remembering incorrectly, since there are only 6 players per side. Not sure what happened now.

My ego is deflated.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Actually, I must be remembering incorrectly, since there are only 6 players per side. Not sure what happened now.

My ego is deflated.
Is Groundwar only 6 players? I thought groundwar had more players than the other game types.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
Leonard
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 12:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Skid Row. The second floor is ripe for penetration kills between the mattress blocking the hall and combat between rooms (walls).
Thanks for the suggestion. I may give that a try. I typically avoid that area, as you can be shot from too many sides, including from below, through holes in the floor.

I typically get my FMJ shots on Estate (lots of windows and wood below them), Scrapyard (thin metal everywhere), and Terminal (the plane and in a few other spots).
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro
     
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 04:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Is Groundwar only 6 players? I thought groundwar had more players than the other game types.
It wasn't Groundwar. Just a standard Team Deathmatch.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."
     
klb5090
Mac Elite
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 2, 2010, 05:38 PM
 
Runner class w/ tactical knife FTW
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,