Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Brenthaven Trek Backpack

Brenthaven Trek Backpack
klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2007, 08:06 PM

Hey everyone,
Now that i upgraded from the old ibook g4 to the new macbook pro i'm in search of a good backpack. I walk a good ways to class everyday and the pro will be my companion on a daily basis so i'm looking for something that can take the abuse and keep my pro safe. i'm looking at the Brenthaven Trek backpack, i was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, any problems? or observations on the quality of the product, or the amount of protection the pro will get in this pack. Thanks!

jdm5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Hey everyone,
Now that i upgraded from the old ibook g4 to the new macbook pro i'm in search of a good backpack. I walk a good ways to class everyday and the pro will be my companion on a daily basis so i'm looking for something that can take the abuse and keep my pro safe. i'm looking at the Brenthaven Trek backpack, i was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, any problems? or observations on the quality of the product, or the amount of protection the pro will get in this pack. Thanks!
I haven't tried the Brenthaven Trek, but I can definitely vouch for the Spire USA backpacks; I've had two of them (upgraded from the Zoom to the Zoom XL) and absolutely love them. My current one is 4 years old, and looks great. I'd look at their Torq today (wasn't available when I got mine).

Curious to hear other's opinion's as well.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2007, 01:15 AM

come on people... i guess i'm just gonna buy it and post my own review for anyone else looking for a backpack

Rumor
Aug 9, 2007, 01:29 AM

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2007, 01:21 AM

after the debate raged in my head i ordered the brenthaven trek. I just recieved it a few days back and my early review is "awesome".
I used it for a full day of walking around campus with a few books and the MBP and it worked perfectly. Great build quality and defentially worth the 100$ (or less online). MBP fits perfectly and has decent protection. Not enough to save your computer from a steep fall but defentially enough to keep it perfect in the day to day wear/tear/use. Tons of pockets/compartments and the expandable areas allow for more room as needed. Full recommendation to anyone looking for a backpack for the pro.

Forum Links
Forum Rules