Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Aloha Airlines says Alohaz.

Aloha Airlines says Alohaz.
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2008, 12:26 AM

Aloha Airlines

Pretty big news, especially for us here in Hawaii. I think it's been a long time coming, but the lack of competition is going to cause inter-island flight costs to sky-rocket.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2008, 12:51 AM

I feel so sorry for all of you people living in Hawaii. Must be rough.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

boy8cookie  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2008, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
I feel so sorry for all of you people living in Hawaii. Must be rough.
You really should, cost of living is already the highest here of any state. This isn't helping the situation.

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2008, 05:21 AM

You know this really sucks.

Great now GO will jack the prices up to pre-war price war day's. Argh!!! Not to mention the crazy price for petrol.

Sad day indeed.
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2008, 05:29 AM

I wish I was back there. I'd go back in a hot minute.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by silver View Post
Great now GO will jack the prices up to pre-war price war day's. Argh!!! Not to mention the crazy price for petrol.
Well that's a given

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
You really should, cost of living is already the highest here of any state.
You pay for what you get, I guess. It's not like you could pay for TN and get HI.

This isn't helping the situation.
The situation is that you live in a place that most people save money for five years to go to for one week. Think about what you do have, not what you don't have.

boy8cookie  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
You pay for what you get, I guess. It's not like you could pay for TN and get HI.
Have you ever lived in Hawaii? Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of great things about this state, that's the reason I still live here, but the city isn't much different from any other. Check out the satellite view of Honolulu, HI on google maps and compare it to where you live. Most of the people who live here, live in that city, about 70% of the population.

The situation is that you live in a place that most people save money for five years to go to for one week. Think about what you do have, not what you don't have.
People saving for five years to come to Hawaii are coming here to vacation. Hotels, car rentals, tourist expeditions & activities, all these things are expensive, more expensive than just living here. And that's not even including the air-fare.

I will admit I take for-granted what I do have here, but it's still f**king expensive.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Apr 1, 2008, 06:37 PM

Have you ever lived in Hawaii? Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of great things about this state, that's the reason I still live here, but the city isn't much different from any other.
Except it's in ****ing Hawaii.

People saving for five years to come to Hawaii are coming here to vacation. Hotels, car rentals, tourist expeditions & activities, all these things are expensive, more expensive than just living here. And that's not even including the air-fare.
He wasn't saying that you have to pay for these things, he was saying that that place that you live every day of your life is so desirable that people are willing to fork over large amounts of money to spend just a week there.

Railroader
Banned
Apr 1, 2008, 06:43 PM

Have you ever lived in Hawaii? Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of great things about this state, that's the reason I still live here, but the city isn't much different from any other. Check out the satellite view of Honolulu, HI on google maps and compare it to where you live. Most of the people who live here, live in that city, about 70% of the population.
**looks at atlas**

**Looks for ocean beaches as nice as Hawaii has near Indianapolis**

**feels depressed**

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2008, 07:34 PM

^^^

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules