Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Offscreen Widgets

Offscreen Widgets
boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2008, 02:05 AM

I used Safari 3.0 to create a dashboard web-clipping, I snagged the mini pandora client. It works great, I use the dev mode terminal command to have the widget live on my desktop. Problem is, its living on the desktop of my external screen, so when I unhook that from my laptop to go mobile, I'm unable to modify the widget (pause music, move or remove widget). So, I have music playing nonstop while using the laptop if I have internet connectivity.

Here's my question, is there anyway to move / remove this widget that I can't see? Thanks.

boy8cookie  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2008, 01:57 PM

So... back at work, screen attached again, and guess what? the widget is no where to be found, and still blasting music

So, I really need to be able to remove a widget I can't see. I'm guessing it will involve deleting a plist somewhere, but of the few I've tried, non accomplished it.

boy8cookie  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2008, 05:57 PM

Don't close your widget or disable the Web Clips widget, or your clipped widgets will be lost (they aren't recreated from saved settings stored in widget-com.apple.widget.web-clip as you might expect). This is not the case with widgets built using Dashcode, which can be reactivated at will. Not all widgets are created equal!
Here's how I fixed it... I disabled web clips, which removed the widget, reenabled it and it stayed gone. Hoozah.

Black_Rain
Oct 23, 2008, 01:29 PM

i had a similar question...

my widgets have somehow moved offscreen just like this thread is describing but its not a webclip... any way to get them back so i dont have numerous duplicates of the same widget??
Please visit StopMyVirus.com!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules