Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook not "seeing" Airport Card

iBook not "seeing" Airport Card
-Q-
Jul 22, 2001, 11:13 AM

Has anyone heard of any difficulty with the original iBook not "seeing" an Airport Card? I installed a card yesterday and the Airport software refuses to acknowledge that there's a card present. I've searched the fora to no avail. Has anyone heard anything?

Troubleshooting so far:

Upgraded Airport software to 1.3.1
Re-seated card
Swapped card with other iBook. Card works in second iBook. Working card that was installed in second iBook not recognized in original iBook
Reinstalled Airport software
Swore at it

Config: Original iBook 300, 192 MB RAM, OS 9.1, Airport 1.3.1

Thanks,

Q

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: -Q- ]

whodisbe
Jul 22, 2001, 11:22 AM

kicking the side just right usually fixes every computer problem I have.

seriously though, I have no clue. If it works on one, and not the other... either a setting is off in the software, or its not installed properly. Might want to double check for stupid mistakes... that's what usually happens when hardware doesn't work for me. Did you know you ALWAYS have to have the power cable for the hardware plugged in? Who knew?

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2001, 01:46 PM

If all else fails, you could contact Apple, especially if the product is still under warranty. This sounds like a hardware problem with your iBook, since if another iBook recognizes the card, the card is probably fine - make sure you do have it plugged in all the way, check for little things that may not be right.
I'm new to this whole AirPort thing, but I sure do like it

Forum Links
Forum Rules