Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > External Display on Macbook problem

External Display on Macbook problem
urzsite
Oct 24, 2006, 03:41 AM

Hi all!

I just want to know, if anyone else is experiencing the same as me.

I put my 23" ACD to my Macbook, I close my Macbook lid (sleeps), wake it up with external mouse and keyboard, and it does wake up. BUT, now the Macbook makes it not workable shutting the External Display on and off, and it sounds like it is going nuts with the DVD DRIVE, like its trying to EJECT a Dvd every 5 seconds.

So it dosent work for me with the closed lid, on an external display. Have anyone experienced the same or is it just my Macbook which is a dud ?

The reason I don´t want to have my Macbook lid up, is because it is counting as "dual screening" and I just want to use my Macbook, dedicating the 64mb GPU to the 23" ACD.

Hope anyone can help me with my problem
Macbook Pro C2D / ACD 23" / Nikon D80 + 18-200DX VR = Having fun!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2006, 03:44 AM

I'm having some trouble understanding what your issue is, but to me it sounds like the MB is waking up and going to sleep repeatedly.

Did you attach AC power? The MB needs to be plugged in for closed-lid mode to work.

urzsite  (op)
Oct 24, 2006, 04:37 AM

Ahh what simplicity. It did work with the powercord.

Now it´s only a minor issue that Warcraft 3 is not detecting some OPEN GL driver, when im only on the External Display.

Wierd because I can do any other Open GL game like the Backgammon that followed with the computer (and screen savers etc).

Thanks for your quick replay!
Macbook Pro C2D / ACD 23" / Nikon D80 + 18-200DX VR = Having fun!

Forum Links
Forum Rules