Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Need serious advice.

Need serious advice.
pra9ab0y
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 11:17 AM

I have been saving for months on end now and I finally have £1000 enough to get this macbook and accesories:

White macbook
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
80GB hard drive1
Double-layer SuperDrive
(standard setup)

Plus a wirless mighty mouse and larobe case.

but i was looking at a mabook pro and thinking is the extra money worth upgrading and therfore wating for?

I was loking to get the £1,349 plus the mighty mouse and case all for £1,417.

What do you suggest I do, should I go ahead and buy a macbook tomorrow or should I wait that little extra and get a macbook pro?
Please consider I am only in 6th form(college) and dont work so I only get £30 a week EMA - Government pays me to attend school)

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2007, 11:30 AM

Depends if you need the pro or not. If you can stand the wait it's a nice investment. Then again, I could afford either and I chose the MacBook because it met my needs. I liked the slightly smaller form factor, the plastic cover, and didn't need the enhanced video card etc.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 11:34 AM

I odnt need the pro but i do like the way it looks when you have it on your lap! the hinge on the back is great and also I may want to use final cut studio one day just so that i can say yeh i used that!

This will be my first mac and I want to make the most out of it. I also want something that can out perform my current desktop its a intel 3.06ghz cure duo with 512 mes of ram and a 128 meg graphics card. I know macs are so much better but in the future i will need to install windows on my intel mac as I plan to blow up my desktop the day I get my mac.

I also want something that looks good and the keyboard is a decent size. Also the fact of expanding ram is a must as if and when I get leapord i will also get vista which hogs so much system stuf.

Its hard decision and I have no idea what to do and the waiting so far has killed me inside and the fact of more waiting is sounding painful but if its really worthi it I shall wait.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 11:37 AM

I forgot to mention I was planning to buy when leapord came out but then it didnt happen so i was unsure wether or not to buy. When I do buy i want the machine to be future proof for at least a year?

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ashleyman View Post
I forgot to mention I was planning to buy when leapord came out but then it didnt happen so i was unsure wether or not to buy. When I do buy i want the machine to be future proof for at least a year?
Get the MacBook. You haven't provided a single compelling reason why you should waste your money on a higher-end machine.

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...computer-will/

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 02:05 PM

Im trying to decide. Im being swayed by the bigger screen, the fact it looks a little beter and it has dedicated graphics. But is it worth the extra money for just that?

Is there anything else you get that would help me make a decision.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2007, 02:34 PM

Im trying to decide. Im being swayed by the bigger screen, the fact it looks a little beter and it has dedicated graphics. But is it worth the extra money for just that?

Is there anything else you get that would help me make a decision.
The bigger screen is nice for doing graphical stuff or coding or comparing two files, but it makes the laptop bigger. Is this something you want to take with you to class every day? Do you see yourself travelling with it a lot? If so, you want the lightest and smallest, which right now is the MacBook.

If you don't *need* lots of performance, I would suggest seriously considering a 12" PowerBook G4 off eBay or refurbished through Apple (if they're even selling them right now). If you are looking for internet use, document stuff (word, desktop publishing, excel, etc), some graphical work (Photoshop, Illustrator), and other random crap, an XGA display will serve your needs just fine, and a 12" laptop is super small and travels extremely well.

If you're set on getting an Intel Mac, then I would say go with the MacBook. Save your money and use it on a more useful upgrade - like getting more RAM later. Or, save your money period. You really aren't going to need dedicated graphics unless you plan on doing some serious 3D modeling, heavy-duty gaming (Sims2 or something), etc. Even watching DVDs on an integrated graphics setup is plenty adequate.

Someone may attack me for this, but I would also recommend getting a different bluetooth mouse than the Mighty Mouse. They've gotten a lot of deserving flack for problems with the little ball getting dirty, right-clicking being annoying to some, etc. MacAlly makes some nice mice, and there are other companies (MacMice.ca, for instance) that make very slick looking mice that cost less and work better. The MacMice Mouse BT is made of the same clear and white plastics found on a lot of Apple devices, with a small scroll wheel, two actual mouse buttons, and a $50 pricetag (which is still more than I'd pay for a mouse that you're going to carry around with a laptop - what if you lose it or it gets stolen?). You can upgrade to the Mouse BT II for $70, which costs the same as an Apple Mighty Mouse but again has two actual buttons, a less touchy scroll mechanism, and it comes with a recharging station.

I only say all this because you mentioned that you've been saving up for a long time, you don't have much of an income, and your finances are generally tight. You don't need to just buy all-Apple hardware in order to have a nice little system setup where everything looks pretty and coordinates well. There are plenty of third-party hardware manufacturers that make stuff that looks just as good as Apple's hardware.

Also, check online for cheaper prices on upgrading the hard drive and adding RAM. You can sell the original RAM and hard drive on eBay and maybe find a better deal online. That way you will also get the lifetime RAM warranty and a one, three, or five-year warranty on the hard drive, depending on which brand you buy. I may be wrong on the price for that, though - some laptop manufacturers (Dell and HP, at least), have lowered their upgrade or BTO prices to be competitve with buying the upgrades and installing them yourself.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 02:38 PM

No! I know a lot of 20-something employed individuals who wouldn't splurge on a MacBook Pro, so I certainly wouldn't advise doing so for a student on financial aid like you.

walkerjs
Jan 26, 2007, 02:53 PM

I just got through sitting through a marketing-type meeting, (it's like a lecture, except you learn absolutely nothing and in fact I think it makes you a little stupider) and I'll tell you this: having my Macbook to distract me from the drivel as the VP kept droning on about trends, paradigms, synergy and other associated bull#!%# was a life saver. It is small enough to fit discreetly on my lap to take 'notes' yet the screen is large enough to get some real work done, as well as being powerful enough to breeze through all the apps (including Parallels so I could keep up with corporate stuff on Windows that I'm forced to use) all while surfing the net on our wireless network. If it were larger like the Macbook Pro I might not be as inclined to take it with me during such times, but between the size and the power, it is precisely the correct balance. I have my Mac (and windows) and can take it with me wherever I go.

So I'd say go for it. I doubt you'll be rendering a 4086x2048x256 48 layered billboard for a client on a deadline during your econ lecture, so why buy more Mac than you need?
( Last edited by walkerjs; Jan 26, 2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I was being redundant which was what I was being.)

dixeyk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2007, 03:35 PM

Well there are few things to consider. If you WANT the MBP then get it. Its a great machine. BTW, you do not need the MBP to run Final Cut Studio. It runs just fine on the MB provided you have 2GB RAM. Basically if you need the features that you can nly get on the MBP (card slot, backlit keyboard, larger screen and dedicated video card) then the chouce is pretty simple.

The things that a MB has that the MBP does not:

Better WiFi reception
smaller form factor
more durable case (in terms of impact)
user replaceable HD

I had the same choice and I opted for the MB because it suite my needs better. I do a good deal of field work and the MB like its predecessor my trusty G4 ibook are VERY durable. I do not play games on my computer (I have a console for that) so the video card was not a factor (contrary to what most people assume a video card plays very little role in using graphics programs that I rely on such as Photoshop, Final Cut etc.).

Kevin
------------------------------
started with a Mac 128

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 03:42 PM

Rite thanks for your advice so far...

I would not buy a computer used or refurbished. Just because of the fact its my first mac and I want it to go fine and get the best experience possible and also had some bad experiences with pre-owned goods especially laptops I have had in the past that have worked and then just died mainly from eBay.

Backlit keyboard would be good for those nights when you just cant sleep and have work to do so i can work in bed during the night time hours. I thought that maybe the macbooks display would be bright enough to show the keys but I cant try it as I havnt got one so I was going to go for the safest option.

I will be doing cs2 and cs3 work as I design websites in my spare time and also to earn extra cash.

It wouldnt be used at school unless I actually had to take it or I needed it for some other reason. I want a mighty mouse as I like them as I have used the wired version before here at home. it would carred around to friends houses so I would need a good case.

The bigger display would be nice and it also feels a lot more durable and sturdy than the macbook. I plan to get an external hard drive so storage isnt a problem and ram would be upgraded in due time according to finances!!

The laptop would be used for windows xp, itunes and ipod stuff, imovie and dreamweaver/photoshop. also some final cut stuff in the future and making dvds of home movies and downloaded tv shows and films.

Consider I live in the UK and not all solutions for mice etc... are possible for me to consider as I cannot get the items out here or they are far more expensive.
I want front row and I also want to be able to connect it to my current lcd display im using(vga)
( Last edited by pra9ab0y; Jan 26, 2007 at 04:00 PM. )

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 04:40 PM

Backlit keyboard would be good for those nights when you just cant sleep and have work to do so i can work in bed during the night time hours. I thought that maybe the macbooks display would be bright enough to show the keys but I cant try it as I havnt got one so I was going to go for the safest option.
I would NEVER take a laptop to bed with me. Heck, I would never even put one in my lap for that matter. Laptop batteries can and do explode.

Also, why would you want to work in the dark? Even if you did, why can't you touch-type? If you're just starting out with Macs, then I doubt you'll be skilled enough to be hirable for awhile; moreover, if you can barely afford a MBP, where are you going to get the money for CS3?

Finally, if you're not going to be carrying your laptop around, i suggest that you get an iMac or a Mac Mini + display.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 05:03 PM

well I would take a laptop to bed with me especially if I am ill! because my parents dont want me to have the light on when they try to sleep I can touch type but not well enough to justufy not getting a visible keyboard
I am hirable and get many jobs as I am PC based at the moment. I just didnt manage my money well but have been lately because of the £1000 I have in the bank!.

As for CS 3 I can get it from my mums work for around a 10th of the price you would pay for it. I want a laptop as it will be carried around occasionly and used around the house and garden.

You sound a bit fed up and aggresive f100!

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2007, 05:23 PM

If you've never tried to do work on a laptop in the dark, it *really* sucks. It's hard on your eyes and causes eye fatigue rather quickly. Get The Clapper and hook it up to your bedside lamp. Your eyes will thank you.

I will be doing cs2 and cs3 work as I design websites in my spare time and also to earn extra cash.
The MacBook's screen will very likely be plenty for what you need. If you need a ton of screen real estate, it's a lot nicer to just use your external monitor. Not only that, but screen spanning with two monitors is excellent for doing web design - keep your editor open on one screen and your browser on the other to see your work immediately. Just something to consider.

It wouldnt be used at school unless I actually had to take it or I needed it for some other reason. I want a mighty mouse as I like them as I have used the wired version before here at home. it would carred around to friends houses so I would need a good case.
Have you thought about getting a Mini instead? You can take it to a friend's house and hook it up to their monitor or TV, and you can even get roll-up keyboards and little pocket-sized mice. I know it sounds lame, but you'll get better specs, more room for upgrades, and save a ton of money. As far as the Mighty Mouse goes, it's just a suggestion on how you might save some extra cash - I know several people who, with very little finances, went ahead and spent the extra money just to get the Apple-branded accessories. They ended up regretting it because they saw that they could get comparable items from other companies and spend a lot less $$.

The bigger display would be nice and it also feels a lot more durable and sturdy than the macbook. I plan to get an external hard drive so storage isnt a problem and ram would be upgraded in due time according to finances!!
Perhaps the base model options at the UK Apple Stores are different - the cheapest MacBook through the U.S. stores has a 60GB drive and 512MB RAM. You mentioned an 80GB drive and 1GB RAM, so I assumed you were either getting BTO options or an upgraded model. Again, just a thought to save some cash.

The laptop would be used for windows xp, itunes and ipod stuff, imovie and dreamweaver/photoshop. also some final cut stuff in the future and making dvds of home movies and downloaded tv shows and films.
I *really* don't think you need a dedicated GPU. The only things those are really good for are for graphics-intensive things, like CAD modeling, 3D modeling, and graphics-heavy video games. Things like video editors and dreamweaver and even Photoshop are a lot more CPU-intensive, since much of what they do isn't actually generating video; it's generating non-graphical data - which is the responsibility of the CPU.

Consider I live in the UK and not all solutions for mice etc... are possible for me to consider as I cannot get the items out here or they are far more expensive.
Duly noted. I can see how that will affect your choices on peripherals.

I want front row and I also want to be able to connect it to my current lcd display im using(vga)
Well, you'll definitely need an Intel Mac in order to get Front Row and the remote, and you don't want a refurb anyhow... connecting to your VGA display will be no issue, as DVI-equippped Macs (which is all of them now) are backwards-compatible with VGA.

I just know that a lot of people - especially those in college - spend more than they can really afford on things like computers and other techno-toys, so that they can have what they want, exactly when they want it. I am coming from the same perspective as much of what f1000 has said - you shouldn't spend more on something just because it's better than what you really honestly need. You don't *need* a £49 mouse that simply looks nice and really doesn't have many more features than a standard two-button mouse+scroll wheel. You can do just as well with a small corded mouse that would cost you, assuming a rough $2-to-£1 conversion, around £7. You don't really *need* a DVD burner (superdrive) either, unless you've already spent the money to buy a DV camcorder and DVD+/-R discs (both of which are still pretty expensive), and you plan to make lots of home movies. You can always get a firewire burner later as finances permit.

I sound like I'm trying to kill all your new-computer fun, and I really don't want to come across that way. I just know that Apple's return policy is total crap, and I'd hate for you to spend all your hard-earned money on accessories and whatnot that you decide aren't really worth the expense. I've been there, and it's just no fun in the end.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2007, 05:24 PM

wYou sound a bit fed up and aggresive f100!
I'm annoyed that you'd start a thread asking for serious advice when you've clearly decided that you need a MacBook Pro. You're basically waiting for someone to justify your immature decision.

You're going to spend money on a MacBook Pro just so that you can use it in the dark on those rare occasions when you'll be sick in bed? A fool and his money...

dixeyk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2007, 08:01 PM

It sounds like you want MBP. That's fine, if I were you I would get one. You won't be happy unless you get one. Its a terrific machine. I personally have other uses for the cash but then again I have a 3 year old and I ALWAYS have other uses for the cash. I think you've gotten some pretty straight forward advice. Remember too that this is an ibook/macbook forum so you're libel to find our advice more pro macbook as its the decision we made.

Good luck.

Kevin
started with a Mac 128

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 27, 2007, 09:02 AM

Yeh im gonna get a macbook pro. My needs may not require one but I do desire one.

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2007, 10:24 AM

If you are going to use your mac for video editing, creating music and other higher end task such as that I would suggest saving up for the Macbook Pro. However, if you are doing basic task such as Word, Internet, iTunes just get a Macbook. These are very powerful machines. They can do more than most people imagine.
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 27, 2007, 10:33 AM

Well I want it for watching dvds, playing music, photoshop work, dreamweaver, msn and also vista one day. I want to use aperture and final cut pro and also shake.

Im not bothered about the saving but I am bothered about leapord and a major upgrade which is always possible!

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2007, 01:16 PM

Well I want it for watching dvds, playing music, photoshop work, dreamweaver, msn and also vista one day. I want to use aperture and final cut pro and also shake.

Im not bothered about the saving but I am bothered about leapord and a major upgrade which is always possible!
If you are going to use Aperture, Photoshop... I would save up for the MBP.

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2007, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by frankthetank966 View Post
If you are going to use Aperture, Photoshop... I would save up for the MBP.
Photoshop is not very graphic card dependent. It's resource is RAM. HD speed...

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ben View Post
Photoshop is not very graphic card dependent. It's resource is RAM. HD speed...
Aperture is though. Plus it appears as if this person is going to be doing a lot of video editing so they should get the MBP. you dont think so?

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2007, 11:21 PM

If one intends graphics usage the MBP is far superior. Real graphics card, 50% more available RAM and most importantly far more pixels and screen real estate. Either Photoshop or Aperture on a small screen with many less pixels is very inferior.

The MB has price as its only benefit. Smaller screen is a penalty not a benefit and the MB weight saving is only 6 ounces.

-Allen Wicks
( Last edited by SierraDragon; Jan 27, 2007 at 11:31 PM. )

Flying Meat
Senior User
Jan 28, 2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I would NEVER take a laptop to bed with me. Heck, I would never even put one in my lap for that matter. Laptop batteries can and do explode.
what is the frequency ratio to fatal passenger plane and car crashes? Odds are better than good that you will never have the battery explode in your lifetime. Caution is one thing, but...

Saint_Stryfe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2007, 04:42 AM

Please note, the most popular Mac game out there is World of Warcraft, I'd think, and honestly, you don't have a lot to worry about. With graphic options turned down, I've tested a stock 1.83 Core Duo (not Core 2) original MacBook to an average of 26 FPS in Open Field, twice what my iMac G5 with it's "Real" video card got. This is fairly impressive, and I'm told with more RAM it is actually extremely usable. So if you want to do some gaming, with the graphic options turned down, the MacBook is not outside the realm of possibility, especially with the more powerful processors and more stock ram of the higher-end units.

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2007, 10:17 AM

We bought my son a new Black MacBook for Christmas. He loves it but was disappointed the first week when he learned his new laptop could not run some games because of the video card. There is no way to upgrade of course. He tried loading Sims2 and it would not run. He doesn't play games as much as some (my older son for instance) so of course he was still thrilled with his Macbook. Then we purchased him the EyeTV. This works wonderfully but because he mainly uses the computer in his dorm room (carries around his 10" Sony Vaio for class notetaking) this computer functioned more as his desktop. It would be nice to watch TV on a larger screen.

To keep details brief I will tell you I decided to get a new MacBook Pro 17" for ME and let him take my 15" MacBook Pro. It still fits in his backpack. Migration Assistant worked GREAT for getting me up and running on my new MBP without a hitch. He did the same procedure to get his settings and programs switched over to his new computer and we're all very very happy.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2007, 10:34 AM

i dont wanna play games. and as I said im going for the macbook pro.

Please close this thread someone!

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Flying Meat View Post
what is the frequency ratio to fatal passenger plane and car crashes? Odds are better than good that you will never have the battery explode in your lifetime.
I guess I should buy me a ticket to Las Vegas since I've had a PowerBook battery explode in my lifetime.

Caution is one thing, but...
Ignorance is one thing, but posing snide rhetorical questions despite it is a hallmark of stupidity:

http://forums.macnn.com/69/powerbook...ing-batteries/

http://forums.macnn.com/69/powerbook...t-explode-too/

http://forums.macnn.com/66/ibook-and...lting-macbook/

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...se-conference/

http://forums.macnn.com/69/powerbook...top-batteries/

http://forums.macnn.com/69/powerbook...ry-exploded/2/

http://forums.macnn.com/66/ibook-and...cbook-on-fire/

http://forums.macnn.com/66/ibook-and...top-batteries/

* I couldn't find one of my previous posts with a bunch of recall stats, but I don't feel like doing your homework for you.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2007, 02:11 PM

it wasnt snide i dont think no need to argue! I think he was just comparing 2 examples.

dixeyk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2007, 05:57 PM

Clearly the original poster has decided on a MBP. Its a fine machine. I do however find it interestnig that a common misconception is floating around these boards. Graphics and video (as in using graphics apps like Photoshop, Final Cut and so on) do not require a high end graphics card. Final Cut for example is more dependent on a fast HD and RAM than anythjng else. Graphics cards DO come into play with some programs such as Motion and Aperture and of course higher end games.

For practical purposes the Macbook teamed up with a large external HD and a decent monitor like a Dell Ultrasharp would be a superb machine for someone that does graphics professionally. That combination is faster than the fastest machine I had running in my design studio 5 years ago (Mac or PC).

I'm not knocking the MBP, its a terrific machine and if you need (or want) what it has its a great choice, but the macbook is no slouch and to think that is is only capable of "light work" is not realizing just how powerful a little machine it is...ah well, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Kevin
started with a Mac 128

TerryJ
Senior User
Jan 28, 2007, 09:45 PM

I agree totally with Kevin. I have had the pleasure of using both MacBook Pros and MacBooks and I have replaced both my Pros for MacBooks. Ther performance is virtually identical for every task that I need it for but the smaller size and arguably more durable casing are the clincher for me. True, the Pro models will give stronger graphics frame rates for gaming, but I am of the mindset that if you are that serious about gaming, then you are going to be better off with a gaming console. The exceptions are, as Kevin pointed out, apps like Motion or Aperture which do demand more from the graphics processor but really, the larger segment of the market is well served by the MacBook.

I am extremely pleased with the MacBook and cannot imagine going back to a Pro at this point. The added size and considerable expense simply does not justify it for me, or many users for that matter. Both are awesome machines, but selling the MacBook short is only doing yourself a disservice.
Terry J
Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist
Apple Product Professional
Apple Consultants Network

GatorsFan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2007, 11:05 AM

MacBook. Buy it. Be happy.

From all you've said, a MacBook Pro is overkill, more an ego thing than practical.

If you can hold off for a couple of months, you may want to wait and see what happens when Leapord's released. It could happen that the MacBook gets a nudge in the upgrade direction. However, regardless when you get it, the MacBook sounds like the best bang for the buck.

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by GatorsFan View Post
MacBook. Buy it. Be happy.

From all you've said, a MacBook Pro is overkill, more an ego thing than practical.

If you can hold off for a couple of months, you may want to wait and see what happens when Leapord's released. It could happen that the MacBook gets a nudge in the upgrade direction. However, regardless when you get it, the MacBook sounds like the best bang for the buck.
I kind of agree that a MBP is more of an ego booster. But it can be useful if you are going to be doing video editing. It appears as if this person does some serious video editing.

pra9ab0y  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2007, 01:43 PM

yeh in going for a mbp but gonna wait untill the next wwdc just to see for leapord and a chip update.

Gorloth
Jan 30, 2007, 09:25 PM

You only live once go for the MacBook Pro it's not that much more

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gorloth View Post
You only live once go for the MacBook Pro it's not that much more
lol.

bloodline
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2007, 08:31 AM

I would recommend a MBP 15". If it's your first Mac and you are prepared to wait until you've saved a little more money, then it makes sense to splash out.

The Kudos of an Aluminium laptop is something that can't be bought... well, I suppose it can hmmm ;-)
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram

f1000
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2007, 02:12 AM

Odds are better than good that you will never have the battery explode in your lifetime. Caution is one thing, but...

OUCH! What are the odds of this happening a little over a month after your post?

Forum Links
Forum Rules