Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Director (.dcr) File to the Web! Help!

Director (.dcr) File to the Web! Help!
moggy
Nov 6, 2002, 01:01 PM

Hi there, got a question for you all.

I made a interactive DVD menu screen using Director 8.5 and I'm having a tough time getting it on the web. When I publish the file I know that Director automatically makes me an HTML page with the embedded media file (and that works fine), but when I upload it to my server it doesn't work. Just a black screen.

So I figured since the file is about 550kb, it must want to link to some of the bigger files in the project, namely large quicktimes that I made in After Effects. So I uploaded everything in the same folder as the dcr file and still nothing. They were not all in the same folder when they are on my hard drive though.

Any help in figuring this out would be great. You can see my attempt at www.avant-guardian.com/portfolio/totoro/

Thanks!!

G5 Dual 2Ghz UNF UNF

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by moggy:
Hi there, got a question for you all.
director makes hard links to files when they are referenced by a movie. basically, when you make your movie, you need to have your media in a subfolder of your .dir and when you upload to web upload the 'media' folder along with it.

or (and this is where it gets hazy, its been a while since I've used director) double click on the media in the cast and select 'import to movie' (or whatever) instead of 'link'. This will make your movie size HUGE but it will work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules