Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Using an external HTML file with .Mac (Getting a weird error)

Using an external HTML file with .Mac (Getting a weird error)
@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Jun 9, 2008, 06:30 PM

I recently got a .Mac account and I am trying to set up my home page. I select "Advanced" because I want to use my own HTML created page. I navigate my iDisk drive to my "Sites" folder and select my proper HTML file. It recognizes that it is an HTML file and continues with the process. I click continue and it spits out this error message:

HomePage found the following issues with the HTML page you chose. Please fix these issues and try again: The "<BODY ... >" tag is missing.
Now I know how to code up an HTML page and I definitely have my Body tags in the right place. Has anyone else encountered this issue before and might have a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to have full control of my homepage. I'd rather not use one of the templates that they offer. Thanks in advance!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 9, 2008, 06:32 PM

Have you by any chance saved the file in an odd format (maybe UTF-16 or even RTF by accident)?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

@pplejaxkz  (op)
Senior User
Jun 9, 2008, 06:42 PM

No, I'm pretty sure I haven't I just tried again and made sure. I even used different text editors; Textedit, Textmate, and BBedit. Thanks!

@pplejaxkz  (op)
Senior User
Jun 9, 2008, 07:42 PM

If anyone has had this problem before it has been resolved on the Apple Discussion board. Here is the link to the solution. Pretty simple actually

Forum Links
Forum Rules