Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread

The Official MacNN COVID-19 Thread (Page 24)
ghporter
Administrator
Aug 3, 2021, 01:10 PM

Unless everybody already knows you look like an idiot, but then it doesn’t really matter.

My problem with spit is that it can be a challenge for me to get right. I’ve always had that problem with diving masks and goggles. And I got weird looks when I tried that with my glasses… Anyway, that’s a good suggestion too.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2021, 02:03 PM

Weird!

I can’t find any reasons spit doesn’t work for people. Some recommend letting it sit there and stew for awhile before wiping it off. Baby shampoo and toothpaste are also given as options, but at that point you may as well use an anti-fog compound.

FWIU, these are all the same concept as Rain-X (fills surface imperfections), so that may be worth a try.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 3, 2021, 03:49 PM

Wayyyyyy back in the day when I was a kid and started wearing glasses, I had glass cleaner that seemed to be basically wax/paraffin. It cleaned the glasses really well, and left the lenses fog-proof for a good long while. Great for winter and coming inside after being outside in the cold.

andi*pandi
Aug 3, 2021, 03:54 PM

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Did that asshole really give it a 3/5 review with the express purpose of editing it to the deserved 5/5 once he receives all other products free for review?

Am I correctly reading that as extortion?

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 3, 2021, 05:29 PM

Looks like it to me. Lame, and juvenile.

I’ve heard of Cat Crap. It’s another wax product, IIRC. The only issue I’ve ever seen with eyewear waxes is that you have to spend a little time applying them, then polishing afterward. For an everyday wear item, that’s a non-issue.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2021, 05:48 PM

Same deal with Rain-X. Much buffing required.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 3, 2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Same deal with Rain-X. Much buffing required.
Much, much buffing, if I recall. Tried it once, and that was enough for me. Never used the rest of the bottle.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Much, much buffing, if I recall. Tried it once, and that was enough for me. Never used the rest of the bottle.
That might be because it was left on too long. i generally use Aquapel, and like the amount of time it takes to apply it can be too long with a large surface. Windshield size really needs to be split into 4 separate sections.

I haven’t had much trouble with Rain-X, but I’ve only applied that to the 6” diameter dome of a GoPro underwater housing.

As a semi-on-topic aside, haven’t put any on recently because COVID seems to have brought back some insect population, and my windshield is pretty scuzzed.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 18, 2021, 12:47 PM

A school district in Texas has found a loophole. They're requiring all kids and staff to wear masks - as part of the school dress code.
The announcement further cited a Texas Education Code chapter that they said would not allow the governor to interfere with this mandate. According to Chapter 11 of the code, the trustees of a school district have the ultimate say in the management and supervision of activities of the schools in their district, and the announcement noted that the governor’s executive order did not explicitly suspend Chapter 11.

The announcement was made on the same day that Abbott himself tested positive for the coronavirus.
Now that this has hit the news, I expect a bunch of schools in hostage states to update their dress codes.

Not to worry though. Concerned parents in favor of Covid are already expressing their anger.
“Wonder what they would do if EVERY Parent against this pulled their kid(s) from their district all that money they would lose if they would then rethink this ‘Dress Code’ BS!” one parent shared in the discussion.

andi*pandi
Aug 18, 2021, 12:52 PM

It turns out I need a covid test for upcoming travel, and the logistics are frying my brain. The test can be no older than 72 hours but PCR results are not guaranteed in less than 72 hours. BUSINESS DAYS excuse me. So flying on a Sunday leaves 2 days out...

Fuck all y'all who let Delta thrive. When I booked it was in a hopeful moment I guess...

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 18, 2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
A school district in Texas has found a loophole. They're requiring all kids and staff to wear masks - as part of the school dress code.
Iowa is one of those glorious, freedom-loving states that has banned schools from instituting mask mandates. Somehow the district is requiring masks on district transportation, so the 60 kids stuck on a stuffy bus together will need to be masked up, which is a start. Our 3rd grader will be masked in school, but I assume he will be one of the few.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2021, 02:16 PM

Meanwhile, in New Zealand:
New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced a nationwide lockdown after the country confirmed one coronavirus case -- the first locally transmitted Covid-19 case in the community since February.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/17/a...hnk/index.html

New Zealand has had a whopping 26 Covid deaths, TOTAL. This is why.

MacNNFamous
Senior User
Aug 18, 2021, 04:08 PM

It turns out I need a covid test for upcoming travel, and the logistics are frying my brain. The test can be no older than 72 hours but PCR results are not guaranteed in less than 72 hours. BUSINESS DAYS excuse me. So flying on a Sunday leaves 2 days out...

Fuck all y'all who let Delta thrive. When I booked it was in a hopeful moment I guess...
Don't travel.

How about fuck y'all that got a vaccine and pretended everything was fine when the data CLEARLY showed you could still spread it around, but nobody gave a fuck and started just going out to brunch with Kayden and Peyton omgggggggg lets go to a concert omgggg lets go to the bucks game omgggg lets go to state fair

Fucking citiots are just as responsible as the anti vax morons right now as far as I'm concerned.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 18, 2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Iowa is one of those glorious, freedom-loving states that has banned schools from instituting mask mandates. Somehow the district is requiring masks on district transportation, so the 60 kids stuck on a stuffy bus together will need to be masked up, which is a start. Our 3rd grader will be masked in school, but I assume he will be one of the few.
I have a buddy who drives a bus for an area school system. Apparently, school busses fall under federal safety guidelines, and the feds require masks.

FWIW, in his school system (perhaps the wealthiest, most republican system in Indiana) they are down 50 bus drivers. Most drivers are running three routes a day to make up for the shortfall. My buddy says it’s an enormous shitshow. He really didn’t want to go back to driving either, but he’s sticking it out until April, when he can get his pension.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 18, 2021, 05:38 PM

andi*pandi
Aug 18, 2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by MacNNFamous View Post
Don't travel.

How about fuck y'all that got a vaccine and pretended everything was fine when the data CLEARLY showed you could still spread it around, but nobody gave a fuck and started just going out to brunch with Kayden and Peyton omgggggggg lets go to a concert omgggg lets go to the bucks game omgggg lets go to state fair

Fucking citiots are just as responsible as the anti vax morons right now as far as I'm concerned.
When I booked Delta was just a whisper... and around here brunch is outdoors on a closed street of restaurants.

Thorz, for designers it really wouldn't be hard to forge the cards. Standard font, black ink, white stock, small enough logo that quality hard to tell... not a watermark or emboss on the thing.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 18, 2021, 06:22 PM

Thorz, for designers it really wouldn't be hard to forge the cards. Standard font, black ink, white stock, small enough logo that quality hard to tell... not a watermark or emboss on the thing.
Yep. Already whipped one up just for shits n grins. Even built a v2 version that would actually fir in a wallet, lol. Rebuilding the CDC logo was no work at all. Illustrator ftw!

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 18, 2021, 06:37 PM

The FBI is citing Title 18 for fake vaccination cards. Misuse or false use of CDC and other protected marks, and so on. Selling them is one thing, making them for yourself will probably also raise eyebrows, but no telling how that might be handled. I wouldn’t do it.

ALL of the PCRs I’ve had came back in less than 36 hours, and that was the first one, last September. That was a LONG wait. All the rest have come back in a few hours. Just try to avoid a lab that EVERYBODY is going to…

A bunch of Texas school boards have already gone the route Paris did, and more are piling on. The best part, in my opinion, is that the governor’s crew will have to sue each school board individually, and they’ll lose. Texas school districts are called “Independent School Districts” specifically because of local and state government interference. The state code clearly protects the local districts just because of this sort of shenanigans by state officials.

Oh, and Governor Abbot tested positive yesterday. He’s getting monoclonal antibody therapy - something that’s not available right away to most Texans - and supposedly they’re doing contact tracing. I hope he doesn’t get really sick, but I hope he’s as scared as I was last September.

andi*pandi
Aug 18, 2021, 09:29 PM

I bet he's also getting that drug that the republicans have been pushing because they bought stock in it.
I sometimes wondered if trump didn't admit to getting covid so he could turn around and say that he got better because of remdesivir, etc.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 19, 2021, 08:37 AM

The guideline was that the vaccinated people no longer needed to mask, but unvaccinated people still needed to mask. IF that had happened, we'd be in a totally different place right now. But if you're unvaccinated at this point, there's a 99.9% chance you're an anti-mask dumbass too, so what we got all of a sudden was a wild surge of unvaccinated, unmasked people out in public and in close proximity continuing to get sick and spread it.

So now we're back to everyone masking, because they realized it's either tell everyone to mask or no one masks, because the "special snowflake" deniers can't be troubled to do a single tiny thing in order to better love their neighbor.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 19, 2021, 07:24 PM

( Last edited by Thorzdad; Aug 19, 2021 at 07:39 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2021, 09:29 PM

fuck
fuck
Fucking
Holy ****!

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 20, 2021, 05:24 PM

While I can't help Famous with his issues, I can't argue with the sentiment.

Mr. Abbott's use of emergency executive orders has attracted a lot of attention. Several courts have blocked his "no mask mandate" orders, even the State Supreme Court (which he thought was in his pocket). And some of his other orders are getting attention from a variety of levels. Let's hear it for checks and balances!

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2021, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
New Zealand has had a whopping 26 Covid deaths, TOTAL. This is why.
Here in Western Australia (pop 2.5 million) we've had 9 Covid deaths in total. They were at the start of the pandemic.

I'm under no illusion; Delta is coming like a freight train (from NSW thanks to right-wing ideology trumping medical advice re: lockdowns when it came to a Delta outbreak there), but so far (touch wood) we've mostly just skipped this whole pandemic thing, aside from some social distancing and a few weeks of masks and short lockdowns when infected people have slipped through quarantine.

Despite having no Covid here (for now) I've had my two Pfizer shots. I can't imagine living elsewhere during this pandemic and not being immunised. Or wearing a mask absolutely everywhere.

As far as I can tell Covid isn''t actually the real problem - it's morons. There's a pandemic of morons.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 21, 2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
As far as I can tell Covid isn''t actually the real problem - it's morons. There's a pandemic of morons.
I hadn't thought of it this way, but it's true. If everyone had followed the science, Covid would have been quarantined out of existence in a few months. Before any vaccines were finished, much like the original SARS. And Delta would never have been reached.

Let's hear it for the morons.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 21, 2021, 02:45 PM

One of my daughter’s friends’ husband is a youth pastor in the Wesleyan church. Apparently, youth pastor jobs within the church are few and far between. He landed a new position, and they and their kids are in the process of moving from Michigan to...Alabama.

Kind of the definition of “bad timing”.

andi*pandi
Aug 21, 2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Quick, get devils rancher to put that on a shirt.

Get a brain, morans, indeed.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2021, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
I hadn't thought of it this way, but it's true. If everyone had followed the science, Covid would have been quarantined out of existence in a few months. Before any vaccines were finished, much like the original SARS. And Delta would never have been reached.

Let's hear it for the morons.
Morons infect every aspect of our lives, and not just with Covid. They sway elections. They drive slow in the fast lane. They don't get their wallets out until the cashier has finished ringing up their purchases.

And they're constantly surprised by the existence of other morons, creating hot moron-on-moron action on the roads and on Twitter.

Sensible people, of course, are well aware they live on a Planet of Morons and are resigned to that fact.

On a more serious note, I think one thing Western Australia has had going for it throughout the pandemic (aside from geographical isolation) is social compliance. If the majority says wear a mask, woe betide anyone not wearing one.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2021, 05:54 PM

Society needs to find a way of encouraging non-moron-ness.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

MacNNFamous
Senior User
Aug 23, 2021, 06:09 PM

At this point, I hope it mutates and just starts killing millions of people. I fucking hate everyone so much right now. The maga idiots for muddying the waters, but also all the progressive, cool, interesting, adventurous fucking friends of mine that will just not STOP.

Still going to concerts. Still going to weddings. Still going to car meets. Still going to restaurants. Still going to races. Still going to boat tie ups. Still traveling all around the country, camping and hanging out with people.

It's fucking infuriating. The facts are in, and even when vaccinated you still transmit/spread that shit around, but nobody will fucking STOP. They don't give a fuck about immunocompromised people, so why should I give up a fuck about any of them?

JUST STOP. STOP GOING PLACES. STAY THE FUCK HOME. STOP GOING TO SHIT. STOP. If we all stopped we could fucking eliminate covid in about 2 months. But nope. They just fucking won't.

Seriously hope it mutates and wipes out 1/3 of the population. Upside is real estate should be on sale too.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 23, 2021, 09:02 PM

As to morons…

My wife asked me, kind of out of the blue the other day, “that guy in Houston whose tiger got loose…how would he have managed evacuating in case of a hurricane?”

We talked about that for a bit, but my level headed and practical wife, who grew up east of Houston, and for whom “planning for an evacuation” was as normal and universal as “putting on pants before you walk out the door” just couldn’t make sense of it.

I told her that she was using a sensible brain to try to understand moronism. Morons don’t think like sane people. They expect unreasonable things, and discount real, reasonable things, or never even imagine those real, reasonable things.

But what’s worse, I think, is that some morons latch onto some of the worst snake oil sellers, the sales guy that has a great deal - you just have to go through a couple of side transactions to make it work. And THAT is dangerous. Because that kind of moronism seems to be contagious. And maybe irreversible.

And, unfortunately, it looks like that’s precisely how we went from “isolating, vaccinating and masking COVID out of existence” this past spring to “this stuff is so much worse than the first version, but nobody wants to do simple stuff to avoid catching it.” Dammit.

Thorzdad  (op)
Aug 25, 2021, 12:02 PM

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 26, 2021, 10:16 AM

TL;DR…Delta’s had to spend an average of over $40k per unvaccinated sick employee. This isn’t about infringing on “mah freedumz”, it’s about costing your employer money because you have the dumbs.

Since Pfizer’s vaccine is now fully approved, DoD has mandated it for everyone. This avoids any dodges based on “experimental” drugs, which were tried with the anthrax vaccine several years ago. In the military it’s always been a readiness issue, but this makes it a lot simpler for commanders at all levels to implement.

MacNNFamous
Senior User
Aug 26, 2021, 11:28 AM

I've been commenting and upvoting the shit out of everything on the /r/ivermectin sub. If we can get as many of these anti vax fucks to just poison themselves and die, I see that as an absolute win.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 26, 2021, 11:42 AM

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 26, 2021, 02:05 PM

We’re all familiar with people who won’t wear masks getting into fights in stores when they’re asked to either wear a mask or leave.

The costume shop I went to yesterday is dealing with the problem by keeping their front door locked.
( Last edited by subego; Aug 27, 2021 at 12:21 AM. )

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2021, 02:15 PM

Like...they'll unlock it and let you in if you're already masked?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 26, 2021, 02:31 PM

Yup. It’s a glass door, so they can eye you before unlocking.

I’m sure they’re losing business from people who just think it’s closed. That’s what I thought at first.

OreoCookie
Aug 26, 2021, 06:36 PM

Yup. It’s a glass door, so they can eye you before unlocking.

I’m sure they’re losing business from people who just think it’s closed. That’s what I thought at first.
Smart.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 30, 2021, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
You are aware that Ivermectin is more than a dewormer, and was originally used against various infectious diseases in humans, before making it into treatments for animals ?

Dr. Satoshi Omura received the Nobel Price in Medicine for discovering Ivermectin. Up until Covid, IVM was universally regarded as one of the greatest broad-band antivirals discovered in the last decades. It saved millions of lives.

Shitting on IVM has nothing to do with science.

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Up until Covid, IVM was universally regarded as one of the greatest broad-band antivirals discovered in the last decades.
Yeah you're going to need to source that claim. IVM is NOT academically recognized as an antiviral, but as an anti-parasitic. One of the sources below is from 2020 and mentions renewed attention since 2012 of IVM's potential as an antiviral.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Ivermectin proved to be even more of a ‘Wonder drug’ in human health, improving the nutrition, general health and wellbeing of billions of people worldwide ever since it was first used to treat Onchocerciasis in humans in 1988. It proved ideal in many ways, being highly effective and broad-spectrum, safe, well tolerated and could be easily administered (a single, annual oral dose). It is used to treat a variety of internal nematode infections, including Onchocerciasis, Strongyloidiasis, Ascariasis, cutaneous larva migrans, filariases, Gnathostomiasis and Trichuriasis, as well as for oral treatment of ectoparasitic infections, such as Pediculosis (lice infestation) and scabies (mite infestation).
https://academic.oup.com/jtm/article...aab005/6106246

Ivermectin was evaluated in one RCT and few observational studies, demonstrating conflicting results. As the level of evidence of these data is low, the efficacy of ivermectin against COVID-19 remains to be proven.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32942671/

The small molecule macrocyclic lactone ivermectin, approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for parasitic infections, has received renewed attention in the last eight years due to its apparent exciting potential as an antiviral.
And whether or not it's an effective anti-viral, people ARE seeking it out both through their doctors and through veterinarians and then taking it because the internet told them to.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/han00449.asp

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed with the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) that human exposures and adverse effects associated with ivermectin reported to poison control centers have increased in 2021 compared to the pre-pandemic baseline. These reports include increased use of veterinary products not meant for human consumption.

Ivermectin is a medication that is approved by FDA in oral formulations to treat onchocerciasis (river blindness) and intestinal strongyloidiasis. Topical formulations are used to treat head lice and rosacea. Ivermectin is also used in veterinary applications to prevent or treat internal and external parasitic infections in animals. When used in appropriate doses for approved indications, ivermectin is generally well tolerated.
In 2021, poison control centers across the U.S. received a three-fold increase in the number of calls for human exposures to ivermectin in January 2021 compared to the pre-pandemic baseline.
In July 2021, ivermectin calls have continued to sharply increase, to a five-fold increase from baseline. These reports are also associated with increased frequency of adverse effects and emergency department/hospital visits.
You are aware that Ivermectin is more than a dewormer, and was originally used against various infectious diseases in humans, before making it into treatments for animals ?
You sure?

From the NIH link above.
Originally introduced as a veterinary drug, it kills a wide range of internal and external parasites in commercial livestock and companion animals. It was quickly discovered to be ideal in combating two of the world’s most devastating and disfiguring diseases which have plagued the world’s poor throughout the tropics for centuries.
From Wikipedia:
By 1986, ivermectin was registered for use in 46 countries and was administered massively to cattle, sheep and other animals.[63] Ivermectin was approved for human use in 1988.[64]

MacNNFamous
Senior User
Aug 30, 2021, 11:08 AM

Again, I fully embrace ivermectin and telling as many magas to avoid getting vaccinated and just take some horse medicine they found out about reading the internet to own the libs. I want as many of them to die as possible. This will actually speed up our recovery, so that maybe I could go see friends and hang out again, ever.

OreoCookie
Aug 30, 2021, 07:41 PM

Ivermectin has not been proven effective against Covid-19 just like several other supposed miracle drugs that had their 30 seconds of fame before. Doctors would love to have a cheap, readily available, approved drug against Covid-19, and the skepticism of the medical community should tell you something.

It’s kinda sad when people are super skeptical about vaccines (I’m not necessarily speaking about you, turtle) which have proven themselves in countless studies and in real life, but are eager to try any “alternative to mainstream medicine” they can find. Especially if people start taking drugs made for livestock, which are not necessarily suitable for human consumption.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2021, 11:33 AM

This exchange brought some interesting thoughts to the forefront of my mind. It's too bad that all of the conservative posters here have retreated to their safe spaces - some of them weren't insane and were capable of having an actual discussion. And though they may not have changed their views, the exchange was useful for my own knowledge. I feel that having to do the research to effectively challenge some of these ridiculous statements is a good exercise and sometimes does correct a belief I've taken for granted in the past.

Turtle, I'm fascinated to know where you heard the things you said - it took very little time for me to find reliable, scholarly sources directly refuting most of your points. I wouldn't know where to even start to look to find a source that makes the claims that you made. Did a colleague tell you these things and you trusted them without verifying the info? Did you read it in a post on social media? Were you linked to an article by someone on social media? Or do you normally browse news sites like Breitbart or DailyCaller that I assume would be actively pushing a narrative like this?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2021, 02:41 PM

This exchange brought some interesting thoughts to the forefront of my mind. It's too bad that all of the conservative posters here have retreated to their safe spaces - some of them weren't insane and were capable of having an actual discussion. And though they may not have changed their views, the exchange was useful for my own knowledge. I feel that having to do the research to effectively challenge some of these ridiculous statements is a good exercise and sometimes does correct a belief I've taken for granted in the past.
Getting a view into the partisan mindset, along with intellectual exercise of research and presenting the argument, are the primary reasons I engage in discussion on Facebook.

Third is that the right-wing propaganda tactic is to keep on repeatedly posting long-disproven bullshit until eventually sane people just stop refuting it and it becomes true by default, by sheer virtue of undisputed representation.

This is dangerous, both to the health of those unable to research and distinguish reputable sources, and to democracy, when it's not about bullshit like bovine medicine or drinking Clorox.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2021, 03:42 PM

I keep seeing this pop up and it gets me every tiem.

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2021, 02:52 PM

And whether or not it's an effective anti-viral, people ARE seeking it out both through their doctors and through veterinarians and then taking it because the internet told them to.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/han00449.asp
Am I being nitpicky pointing out if I take something a doctor has prescribed me, I’m taking it because the doctor told me to, not the internet?

The problem I have with this advisory is it doesn’t seem to distinguish the legitimate health crisis, which is dipshits swilling self-prescribed topical form (or the like), from the non-crisis of doctors prescribing it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2021, 08:43 AM

Am I being nitpicky pointing out if I take something a doctor has prescribed me, I’m taking it because the doctor told me to, not the internet?

The problem I have with this advisory is it doesn’t seem to distinguish the legitimate health crisis, which is dipshits swilling self-prescribed topical form (or the like), from the non-crisis of doctors prescribing it.
Wouldn't you have to differentiate between a doctor telling someone to take a drug and a person seeking a specific drug from a doctor, possibly lying about symptoms to get the prescription? "Hey doc, I was swimming in the local river last week and swallowed some water when I jumped in. Ever since then I've had bad cramps and diarrhea, I'm really tired, and I've lost like 6 pounds." Boom, prescription for Ivermectin.

Yesterday was the 1st of the month so I gave my dog his heartworm medication. Turns out I have two whole packs of the hottest new party drug sitting right in my kitchen pantry. Who wants to roll with me?

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2021, 10:45 AM

Doctor: weird… you say cramps and diarrhea, but your fever and wheezing says COVID.

Forum Links
Forum Rules