Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad- disappointing from a designers point of view

iPad- disappointing from a designers point of view (Page 2)
glideslope
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2010, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by aristotles View Post
This just shows that "art" designers are not necessarily good UI designer. A UI has to be "usable" first and pretty second.
No, but Apple's ability to merge both is unchallenged, IMO.
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu

mjs975s
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2010, 11:24 PM

I'm a techie/geek and I agree with the person that said the iPad isn't meant to be a full fledged computer or even a network... it's an internet appliance. If you keep that in mind, it really makes a big difference and why it gets the "i" designation instead of being called the Macbook Slate or Macbook Tablet or something. Even though I'm a hardcore tech, I appreciate a simple, device that is reliable and does certain tasks well. I also agree with the person that said full fledged computers are really becoming more niche devices for the majority of the population. Sometimes its the simplicity that makes something so beautiful.

Ado  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2010, 03:00 AM

Apple always looks to be different and innovative.
I think everyone has copied apple now and everyone looks like an iphone or iphone OS. If the ipad could have some sort of expose' feature to tab select apps multi tasking wise this would be great. Having iworks and even adobe apps made for this device would be a good strength that Android cant compete with. Open Source world has no Adobe, Apple or MS apps only imitation watered down crap.

Forum Links
Forum Rules