Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Pheedo Ads in RSS

Pheedo Ads in RSS
richardh99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 27, 2006, 07:34 AM

Please, please, get rid of this rubbish: the whole point of an RSS feed is for subscribers to be able to immediately see key headlines and summaries, without having to wade through visual rubbish. Not only that, but these ridiculous ads screw up formatting (in Safari, at least). Putting ads into a RSS feed demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding about how content is used and about what keeps people using your service. Please wise up.

thanks
Richard

jad713
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2006, 09:50 PM

I find these ads to be extremely annoying. I assumed that someone had hijacked the RSS feeds, but apparently not. This will certainly cut down on my visits to MacNN throughout the day.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2006, 10:25 PM

Not again. First IntelliText, now this rubbish. What the hell is wrong with the macnn management?

sapridyne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2006, 01:04 PM

This is absurd -- I can deal with "text" ads in RSS feeds, but I saw my first Nissan ad this morning. What the heck is this? Ads should stay on webpages, not RSS feeds. I'll see your ad if you have news that is worth taking a look at.

Forum Links
Forum Rules