Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Big Security Updates

Big Security Updates
Thorzdad
Jun 22, 2023, 11:43 AM

Apple has pushed-out big security updates for, well, almost everything. iOS 15 and 16, iPadOS 15 and 16, MacOS 11, 12, and 13, and WatchOS 8 and 9.

My trusty 6s lives on!

Thorzdad  (op)
Sep 12, 2023, 05:26 PM

Apple pushed-out a 15.7.9 security update to my 6s today. I believe it’s intended to fix the nasty no-click text message thing, that they patched in more modern iThings last week.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 13, 2023, 07:58 AM

My son's used Series 4 Watch finally got to the point where the battery only lasted an hour or two. Just picked up a used S5 and got it set up last night, it's crazy that even the old S4 is still getting the latest WatchOS.

Now I'm wondering if I just pay the $80 for Apple to replace the watch battery and I have a smart watch? I've never really wanted one but it'd be a shame to throw something away over a little battery.

Thorzdad  (op)
Sep 13, 2023, 04:57 PM

If you want one, that sounds like a very cost-effective way to get it. Personally, I can’t stand the watches. They all just look clunky as hell on people’s wrists. To be fair, though, I’m not much of a fan of wristwatches in the first place.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2023, 03:22 AM

You can buy a battery for about $5 but they are a bastard to install.
Odd that yours is so poor though, I have a Series 1 and it still gives me a good 8 hours or more on its original battery. I'm not constantly pressing buttons on it and swiping about though. I most ly use it to tell time, read message summaries and get navigation directions.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 14, 2023, 10:28 AM

I got it all updated and wore it to work today - four hours in and I'm at 82%. I see no issue getting a full day out of it, I think. I wonder if it was an issue with the charger it was on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules