Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iDVD won't recognize Superdrive

iDVD won't recognize Superdrive
therag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2002, 11:46 AM

I'm running 10.2.2 on a 17" iMac and recently iDVD has stopped recognizing the Superdrive. This wasn't always the case. The problem started after some OSX upgrade (I can't determine which one) The application won't even launch due to missing hardware. Also, I can't burn playlists from iTunes. I can burn disc images from Finder just fine. Could this be an extensions problem? Anyone have any clues. I'm very frustrated. Thanks a lot.

Mark P.

MUGlover
Dec 2, 2002, 03:36 PM

Check Apple's firmware update, which I think applies to your iMac. It's just a matter of getting all the updates installed so your 10.2.2 will work. You can look, using Apple System Profiler, at files called Extensions in OS X, but you cannot turn them on and off as in 9.

Oops! Sorry, your iMac is too new to need the update, according to Apple at http://www.apple.com/hardware/superdrive/
So the message about missing hardware is troubling and you should call Apple for help. Also, see if you have updater log (text) files that you can refer to if you need to see what updates may have coincided with the problem.
( Last edited by MUGlover; Dec 2, 2002 at 06:01 PM. )

therag  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2002, 11:00 AM

Good thought but no luck. That update isn't for a 17" iMac. I've also deleted every iApp preferences file I can find, still no luck. Apple is no help either. Thanks though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules