Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe GoLive issues

Adobe GoLive issues
wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2000, 09:50 AM

After a fair amount of trial, error, and research, Nicolas Solberg found a fix for a number of performance issues with Adobe GoLive 5:

"After upgrading from Adobe GoLive 4 to version 5, I found the program -- despite the many cool new features -- nearly unusable do to slow screen redraws when certain GoLive-specific actions were in place (such as html popup menus), and that opening/parsing existing html pages astoundingly slow. Literally, I could wait 20-30 seconds for each action. I was about to give up and reinstall GL4 and return the upgrade, when I tried the following and the above listed problems went away:

� Turned off Kaleidoscope 2.2.4 completely (I love it, and GL5 seems to be the only app with a problem with it currently). Oh well, back to plain old MacOS. *pout*
� Changed my Virtual Memory settings to just 1MB above physical RAM. Truthfully, VM settings always confuse me... some apps like it, and some don't. *sigh*
� Added GL5 to my Adobe Type Reunion Deluxe EXCLUSION list -- I know GoLive has always had problem with ATR.
� I DIDN'T allocate more RAM to the app (did earlier to know avail) and it seems to run fine. *yeah*

mhencin
Apr 28, 2001, 10:50 PM

I am not sure where to put this topic/questions. Here goes. I have begun using php in my website. Accordingly I must chaneg the extension to *.php for some files. Now, when I open the file, it dispays as simple text. I get no color coding or layout options. The file is still makred as golve in the inspector pane. My questoin is how, if possible can I force golive to display the page like other html when I edit it? All reply appreciated.

Mike

Cipher13
Apr 29, 2001, 06:17 AM

Drag the file to GoLive.
To get it to open by default with it, in the "File Exchange" Control Panel, make GoLive open whatever type of file it is.

You could also change the files type code to whatever that is of GoLive (and the creator, too), but, I don't know the GoLive association codes off the top of my head...

Try the File Exchange thing, if it doesn't work, we'll do the other thing.

If you need more help, just ask.

Cipher13

mhencin
Apr 30, 2001, 11:18 AM

Cipher,
What you describe is all true, and will work fine. However, it does not completely define the problem I have. I have an existing site in golive, created form scratch. All the files are owned by golive, and have its creator codes. The files have been tracked within golive. I had a file, called faq.html in golive when I open it, it displays HTML, and the preview, layout, and sources panes all work fine. I add some php code, and now suddenly when I open the file, it is displayed as palin text. The file still looks like adobe, and has the adobe creator codes. I think, the new php tag "<? " is perhaps causing golvie to not recognize it, and resulting in the plain text display.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules