Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Just a question!

Just a question!
DMMD
Oct 14, 2000, 03:24 AM

So I have a G4/500 running 9.04 and I DLd this SETI thing. I've OCd my rig with a little resistor modification, and my SETI times (3WUs) are around 4:00 hrs. Is this any good.

What the freak is SETI, and how, if I may, do I join your team?

Please don't flame me, for being a newbie, I'm just asking, I found you guys by searching for boolean SETI and MAC.

[This message has been edited by DMMD (edited 10-16-2000).]

MacNN Staff
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2000, 03:35 AM

http://team.macnn.com/ has the info you need

DMMD
Oct 14, 2000, 03:47 AM

Thank you!!

Who is this TNProud2b character?

Do you guys have a MAC OCin Forum?

Sorry about all the questions, like I said, I just found you guys from a web search.

ResearchMonkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2000, 04:48 AM

I'd rather delete it myself.

[This message has been edited by ResearchMonkey (edited 10-14-2000).]

elzinat
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2000, 11:52 AM

MacNN has a "Modifications" forum, which includes OCing. It can be accessed by clicking on the Forums link on the macnn.com homepage which brings up a list of every forum (except the SETI forum) with a brief description and some stats, or if you scroll down to the bottom of any forum page (like the one you're at now), you will see links to all of the MacNN fora (except for the SETI forum). "Modification" is the second from the left on the bottom line.

Bockie
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2000, 12:44 PM

Hey DMMD,

Please do not use subterfuge. I know that you are _not_ a newbie; in fact you are a OCN member with over 2400 posts. I REALLY don't want to get involved but it seems that BOTH sides are acting extremely infantile. I have been following (reading only!) the "feud" in both fora and will say that OCN has tried to offer some helpful information, and wlonh has been trying to maintain a high level of community. However, some OCN members have exceeded the mild intensity of MacNN's usual jokes and wlonh has taken what seems to be a personal notion to these jokes. Please, EVERYONE, be nice, be helpful, and most important of all, be respectfull that differing ideas can lead to a wealth of information for all. Thank you.
09.11.01 - UNITED WE STAND

B/K
Oct 14, 2000, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by Bockie:
Please, EVERYONE, be nice, be helpful, and most important of all, be respectfull that differing ideas can lead to a wealth of information for all. Thank you.
Well Stated and thank you.
B/K

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2000, 03:29 PM

and know also that trolls and insults and useless posts are not wanted, and hacking is unacceptable behavior.

and Bockie, on my father's grave i can swear and fear no evil that one or another of those OCN members defaced a thread, a hack exploit, which covered up several posts in a thread. that thread, a useless one for the most part anyway except for Danometer's post which originated the thread, was then summarily deleted.

and they further went on to spam the other fora, posting drivel and casting aspersions. this is undeniably true.

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 10-14-2000).]

*krusty*
Oct 15, 2000, 03:11 AM

Can't happen, there is no such thing as an exploit for the UBB image tag...

I notice the HTML code option is off in this forum, so it is not possible to "HACK" as you put it, or to put live code into to the ['IMG] tag.

I have experience in setting up and modifying the UBB scripts for other BB's, I believe what you are saying comes from a total lack of experience in these matters.

Please stop crying wolf... you are trying to discredit a very trust worthy individual who we, at OCN, all respect greatly.

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by *krusty* (edited 10-15-2000).]

flavio
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2000, 03:53 AM

Ahh...what the hell.

[This message has been edited by flavio (edited 10-15-2000).]

iluvmacs
Oct 18, 2000, 11:43 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules