Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Temperature Monitor for Rev C.???

Temperature Monitor for Rev C.???
Switched2Mac
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 11:20 PM

Temperature Monitor for Rev C. PowerBooks?

Anyone successfully gotten one to work yet?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 26, 2004, 11:23 PM

*Thinks for a moment...*

I probably shouldn't give you the answer to anything, but what the hell: +1

Motorola removed the thermal sensors from the G4s after the 7410. So, there is no way to tell the temperature of a modern G4 AFAIK.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2004, 11:45 PM

Apparently, motorola placed a temp sensor diode into the 7447a. Its in the documentation of changes to the chip
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 27, 2004, 12:11 AM

Oh, wow.

Lucky PowerBook people.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Switched2Mac  (op)
Baninated
Apr 27, 2004, 12:50 AM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
*Thinks for a moment...*

I probably shouldn't give you the answer to anything, but what the hell: +1

Motorola removed the thermal sensors from the G4s after the 7410. So, there is no way to tell the temperature of a modern G4 AFAIK.
Actually, I appreciate your honesty and your answer.

How about we start over.

I promise to be good until WWDC. No negativity at least until then. And who knows, I might have to eat humble pie.

Deal?

Anyway, as I am sure you have noticed by now, I picked up a new 12" PB G4 Rev C. This thing is wonderful. The only minor drawback, is the heat. Which is expected. Heck, I even have a dead pixel, but I couldn't care less about it.

Overall, an excellent laptop.

I actually like Babylon 5 too. Coworker coaxed me into watching it from episode one to the last during some stations daily showing of each episode. An excellent show. I even considered buying the DVD collection recently.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 27, 2004, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by Switched2Mac:
Actually, I appreciate your honesty and your answer.

How about we start over.

I promise to be good until WWDC. No negativity at least until then. And who knows, I might have to eat humble pie.

Deal?
...Deal.

Anyway, as I am sure you have noticed by now, I picked up a new 12" PB G4 Rev C. This thing is wonderful. The only minor drawback, is the heat. Which is expected. Heck, I even have a dead pixel, but I couldn't care less about it.

Overall, an excellent laptop.
Glad you like it.

IMO, the 1.33 12" is one of the best PowerBooks to date. It offers excellent performance for the price, and quite a speed bump over the previous generation.

I actually like Babylon 5 too. Coworker coaxed me into watching it from episode one to the last during some stations daily showing of each episode. An excellent show. I even considered buying the DVD collection recently.
Well, I can't continue feuding with a Babylon 5 fan now can I.

And buy the DVDs. They're well worth the $60 you can get them for from NorthAmericanDVD.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Switched2Mac  (op)
Baninated
Apr 27, 2004, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
[B]...Deal.

[B]

Glad you like it.

IMO, the 1.33 12" is one of the best PowerBooks to date. It offers excellent performance for the price, and quite a speed bump over the previous generation.

Well, I can't continue feuding with a Babylon 5 fan now can I.

And buy the DVDs. They're well worth the $60 you can get them for from NorthAmericanDVD.
Excellent!

TiVo and B5, perfect together. I bought a TiVo when they first came out to record Farscape. But it comes in handy for B5 and lots of other shows.

Thanks for the DVD link, I'll look into collecting them all. B5 movies are good too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules