Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > this is funny

this is funny
macrocks
Jun 16, 2008, 03:49 PM

whats funny is that the new samsung instinct coming out june 20. has videos of it beating the first gen iphone in data speeds and other stuff and now the new iphone is coming out.to bad for sprint

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 16, 2008, 05:00 PM

Yeah I know. They have a huge advertisement campaign going on for it. Too bad it will beat the iPhone 3G to the market.

macrocks  (op)
Jun 16, 2008, 05:06 PM

yea it might be the first on the market but the iphone is going to destroy the instinct

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2008, 05:07 PM

I read somewhere that they spent a boatload of cash on this campaign too.

I saw one of the commercials back then as well, and it was funny to see the 2 devices side by side. They opened the maps app on both devices (to show how the Instinct could get directions faster), and the iPhone opened up Google maps far faster than the Instinct opened its map app. Only then did they do the speed test. Why even show how slow the Instinct is in opening apps? And why compare to an iPhone that isn't even being sold anymore? And why spend that much money on really poorly done commercials? Bad marketing.

EDIT: Oh, and isn't it pretty much universally known that comparing your product side-by-side in a commercial form is a bad idea no matter how good your product is? Its always best to just show your products features and benefits and let the consumer do the comparison.

EDIT EDIT: Here's a link to the commercial I was talking about: YouTube - The new Samsung Instinct.™ With precise GPS Navigation

Notice the time it takes for Instinct map app to come up. Also, this is not how the iPhone's location thing works anymore (obviously). I mean, wtf?

Here's one about internet connection speed, again old iPhone technology: YouTube - Samsung Instinct VS BYE Phone Fast Internet
( Last edited by ::maroma::; Jun 16, 2008 at 05:14 PM. )

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 16, 2008, 05:08 PM

IDK. The instinct looks like it might be a pretty decent competitor. Much better than the Voyager. And when they were making the ads, the 2G iPhone was still being sold.

macrocks  (op)
Jun 16, 2008, 05:10 PM

oh yea its better than the voyager. its a ok phone but the iphone is just the iphone i dont think it can be beat

Forum Links
Forum Rules