Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How can I see if a trillium user is online?

How can I see if a trillium user is online?
Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2004, 07:36 PM

Hi all,

I use ichat as my IM program and have a bunch of people on my buddy list. However, one of them never shows up as online, even when I know she is. She uses trilliam on a pc as her client.

She sees me as online, and when she initiates a chat, ichat will show her as online, but only when we're actually chatting. At all other times, it doesn't show her status. This means that I can't initiate a chat with her.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem.

Cheers,

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 12:38 AM

At her end, does she have 'invisible' mode turned on? If so, you will experience this.

If not, try downloading AIM and see if it happens in there too. If she is invisible in AIM (official client) as well, then it is 100% a problem at the Trillian end.

Freeflyer  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2004, 01:10 AM

Thanks, I'll try the aim client and see what happens. Don't think she has invisible mode turned on, but I'll check.

Cheers,

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Wes
Oct 21, 2004, 01:46 AM

As far as I can tell trillion and iChat have a disconnect somewhere. I know several of my buddies started using it and I could never seem them online and they could never see. Although upgrading to trillion pro seems to fix it...

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 02:50 AM

Oh, and one other thing to check: do you use a real AIM login, or an @mac.com email login? There have been some known issues between @mac.com AIM logins and Trillian.

Forum Links
Forum Rules