Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Disabling Internet connection reminder

Disabling Internet connection reminder
Nick_G
Jan 8, 2006, 12:23 PM

Hi all.

I am on a dial-up connection here. Every 30 minutes I have a reminder that I am still connected. If I ignore it for more than a couple of minutes I get cut off.

Is there any way to stop this alert from appearing so that I can my browsing is uninterrupted. It can be annoying if I am listening to the radio online and have forgotten to reconnect as I suddenly get cut off.

Any help or suggestions nuch appreciated.

Nick.
There are too many fools following too many rules.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nick_G
Hi all.

I am on a dial-up connection here. Every 30 minutes I have a reminder that I am still connected. If I ignore it for more than a couple of minutes I get cut off.

Is there any way to stop this alert from appearing so that I can my browsing is uninterrupted. It can be annoying if I am listening to the radio online and have forgotten to reconnect as I suddenly get cut off.

Any help or suggestions nuch appreciated.

Nick.

Go into System Preferences->Network->Internal Modem.

You should be under the PPP tab, then click PPP Option. Uncheck "Prompt Every 30 minutes to maintain connection."

Nick_G  (op)
Jan 8, 2006, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply - this has been bugging me for a while! Some of these options are quite well hidden.

Just noticed a few typos above - typing too fast...
There are too many fools following too many rules.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2006, 10:39 PM

No problem.

You're right, some stuff is hidden away. I guess it's a bit of a trade off to make it easier for setting up the basics.

Forum Links
Forum Rules