Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Intel Macs and Samsung ML-1710 Printer

Intel Macs and Samsung ML-1710 Printer
Nerozwei
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2006, 08:14 AM

I've got an ML-1710. I'm quite happy with it, but the drivers have been lagging. During the years I've had this printer the driver has only updated once and is still missing a lot of functions the Windows drivers have.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an Intel Mac, but am a bit concerned about support for the printer.
Printer drivers can't run through Rosetta right? What about some universal drivers, do such things exist?

OreoCookie
Jan 27, 2006, 09:10 AM

I was actually wondering about the same thing. I do have a postscript laser, so this will work for sure, but I have just gotten my photo printer yesterday.

I guess I will have to find out the hard way. I would hate to keep my iBook around just to print pictures.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

JustinHoMi
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2006, 05:53 PM

To my surprise, the ML-1710 does work on the Intel Macs. This is fortunate, as it did not work with the developer releases.

I didn't use the Samsung-USA driver though, as Samsung doesn't support Mac OS X for this printer anymore. I found the driver on the Samsung-Australia website, located here.

Forum Links
Forum Rules