Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Quiet bug fix in Mac OS X v.10.7.4!

Quiet bug fix in Mac OS X v.10.7.4!
bojangles
Senior User
May 14, 2012, 02:44 PM

It’s always interesting to me that Apple doesn’t specify all the fixes included in a new version of Mac OS, but this one is a huge boon for me.

In Mac OS X 10.7–10.7.3, Screen Sharing with multiple displays is a little flaky. If I open a Screen Sharing session, place the window on any display besides the primary, and then open a second Screen Sharing session, the latter session never shows up. The connection completes and is visible in the Window menu, but you can’t actually see it anywhere. The workaround is to make sure all preexisting Screen Sharing sessions are on the main display (including minimized, if the Dock be on the primary display) before starting an additional session.

The point is that Mac OS X v.10.7.4 fixes this. Huzzah!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never tell if they’re attributed to the right person.”
—Abraham Lincoln

Wingsy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2012, 05:30 AM

What about selecting non-contiguous items in a Finder window? Still broken.

Specifically, holding the Command key while dragging thru items doesn't select, it MOVES the items. Started in 10.7.3 I think.

Also, if you're selecting items in a window and some other app is adding or changing the items in the window at the same time, your selection is either turned off or your selection is changed to items you never selected. And, the window is scrolled to the item(s) being added or changed so it totally screws up what you're trying to do.

bojangles  (op)
Senior User
May 16, 2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post

Specifically, holding the Command key while dragging thru items doesn't select, it MOVES the items. Started in 10.7.3 I think.
Interesting. I never used that method, so I hadn’t noticed. I always just ⌘-click the first item in the range and ⇧-click the last.

Also, if you're selecting items in a window and some other app is adding or changing the items in the window at the same time, your selection is either turned off or your selection is changed to items you never selected. And, the window is scrolled to the item(s) being added or changed so it totally screws up what you're trying to do.
Now, that I did notice. It just took your post to make me realize that, oh yeah, it didn’t used to be that way. Oh well. Off to Apple - Feedback!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never tell if they’re attributed to the right person.”
—Abraham Lincoln

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 16, 2012, 08:06 AM

Works fine in Column View.

In List View, it doesn't. But I almost never use that, and even less so since Column View is date-sortable. Just checked, and it *did* used to work in 10.6.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2012, 10:06 AM

Fn-Click does it now in list view.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

bojangles  (op)
Senior User
May 16, 2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Fn-Click does it now in list view.
I can’t get fn-click to behave differently than unmodified click. More info?
—Abraham Lincoln

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2012, 08:08 PM

No, you're right. Sorry.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2012, 06:52 AM

I don't understand. I can select non-contiguous items by selecting or dragging with the command key.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2012, 07:08 AM

If you select one set of items, then try to drag over another set with command held, it won't allow it. You can drag to select multiple items in the first set, but not any subsequent sets.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2012, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
If you select one set of items, then try to drag over another set with command held, it won't allow it. You can drag to select multiple items in the first set, but not any subsequent sets.
I am still able to drag-select multiple non-contiguous groups in icon view. Isn't that what you were talking about?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/913089/Drag-...0-%20Wi-Fi.m4v

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by chabig View Post
I am still able to drag-select multiple non-contiguous groups in icon view. Isn't that what you were talking about?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/913089/Drag-...0-%20Wi-Fi.m4v
Almost, try it in list view.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2012, 09:40 PM

Yeah. In list view they move.

Forum Links
Forum Rules