Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > France: Dogs used as shark bait

France: Dogs used as shark bait (Page 2)
Y3a  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 09:19 AM

I was wondering how long it would be before someone would defend the practice by the old "In other cultures..." BS. next you'll condone beheadings, and eating monkey brains from live monkeys. My point was that the french aren't as progressive and passionate as they would have you believe, but are similar to the islamoterrorists in their disregard of dogs n such.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by zerostar
Perhaps he fells we should use the mentally disabled as bait, Or perhaps people with short term memory defects?

After all they are <
No, I dislike Liberals, but that's a bit harsh.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
No, I dislike Liberals, but that's a bit harsh.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Powerbook
USA: Dogs used as sandnigger bait

*snip*

"Now Fluffy, go find us some tasty sandnigger! Good boy!!"
You really like that word, don't ya? Tell ya what, get yourself a white bedsheet and make it official. I'm sure you can find some crosses to burn at the local Catholic church.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 10:51 AM

You really like that word, don't ya? Tell ya what, get yourself a white bedsheet and make it official. I'm sure you can find some crosses to burn at the local Catholic church.
No need for that. I'm not an American.

Pb.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2005, 11:15 AM

No need for that. I'm not an American.

Pb.
No doubt there enough bigots in Germany, this is evidenced by your language and use of the "N" bomb.
- Thomas Paine

quote68
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2005, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush
Does your sympathy for a living creature depend on your assessment of their intelligence?
Yes.
dual G4 overclocked, blessed, and liquid cooled with jesus water. +5 to ogres and paladins! Nyar!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
I was wondering how long it would be before someone would defend the practice by the old "In other cultures..." BS. next you'll condone beheadings, and eating monkey brains from live monkeys. My point was that the french aren't as progressive and passionate as they would have you believe, but are similar to the islamoterrorists in their disregard of dogs n such.
First non-sensical terrorist comparison! That didn't take long!

Beheadings happen on humans. That's a nono.

Eating live monkey brains? I hate to say it but thats cultural, as longs as they aren't eating endangered monkeys or something. Sounds revolting to me, but if they want to do it, power to them. Whether the monkey is alive when eat and then killed or killed and then eaten doesn't really make much difference, does it.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

isao bered
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
Eating live monkey brains? I hate to say it but thats cultural, as longs as they aren't eating endangered monkeys or something.
heh. i think that if a live monkey is having it's brain eaten, it's "endangered". or are you referring to extinction of a species? ;-)

be well.

laeth

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 4, 2005, 02:26 PM

Eating live monkey brains? I hate to say it but thats cultural, as longs as they aren't eating endangered monkeys or something. Sounds revolting to me, but if they want to do it, power to them. Whether the monkey is alive when eat and then killed or killed and then eaten doesn't really make much difference, does it.
I didn't hear any mention of terrorists. You do know that there were beheadings long before it was sensationalized as a terrorist tactic, and will probably continue for a long time to come, correct?
Nemo me impune lacesset

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
My point was that the french aren't as progressive and passionate as they would have you believe, but are similar to the islamoterrorists in their disregard of dogs n such.
Are you talking about Reunion Island's French, African, Malagasy, Chinese, Pakistani or Indian population?

Or, to put it another way, does everything that happens in a US protectorate reflect upon Americans as a whole?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
I didn't hear any mention of terrorists. You do know that there were beheadings long before it was sensationalized as a terrorist tactic, and will probably continue for a long time to come, correct?
Originally Posted by Y3a
My point was that the french aren't as progressive and passionate as they would have you believe, but are similar to the islamoterrorists in their disregard of dogs n such.
it was a little buried

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 05:42 PM

Hey give him some credit, he was dumb right from the first post in his thread...

So much for French "Culture"
Why haven't the proud 'moral' french put a stop to this?
i guess they are more backwards and brutal than originally thought.
reminds me of the islamoterrorists using stray dogs as weapons.
The terrorists and the french.............hmmmmmmm.............

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
Actually, they're the same!

Did you notice how you cannot understand both French and Islam?

Well, that is because there is nooooooo difference!

I am glad to make your education.

Now go! travel the world and make sure everyone knows!

They'll get a kick out of it (or you).
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 4, 2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Huh, and here I thought water skiing was invented by a guy named Samuelson in landlocked and shark free Minnesota back in the 1920's. Learn something new every day...
Dey always keep da black man down. Whitey always git da who do.

And you git da goldin turd award fo usin whiteys google tingy which wuz really a black man tingy in Afreeka.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 4, 2005, 07:34 PM

You really like that word, don't ya? Tell ya what, get yourself a white bedsheet and make it official.
Can he borrow yours. I hear you have a family set.

you da foo.
( Last edited by Rolling Bones; Oct 4, 2005 at 07:42 PM. )

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2005, 07:44 PM

I thought the same, MacNStein. I had a long post about his use of certain words and then I thought, "Why bother? It won't make any difference. An ignoramus is an ignoramus is an ignoranus."

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 08:05 PM

No doubt there enough bigots in Germany, this is evidenced by your language and use of the "N" bomb.
LÖLÖL!!! You surely need to lookup the meaning of "bigot"... or to make the hint even clearer: There are no Germans on the pictures I posted. Now geddit?

Pb.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL
Which fish in the Mediterranean Sea eats kittens?
That tasty kind?

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 4, 2005, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
ignoranus

Bad thing to do. You should at least wipe it once in a while.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 5, 2005, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak
it was a little buried
Dammit, I have to actually start reading the posts I guess

Originally Posted by Rolling Bones

And you git da goldin turd award fo usin whiteys google tingy which wuz really a black man tingy in Afreeka.
I did no such thing. There is a reason I know that, a very very stupid reason, but a reason none the less
Nemo me impune lacesset

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2005, 08:13 AM

MacNStein can take you down, down to Chinatown, little boy Powerbook.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2005, 10:53 AM

Bad thing to do. You should at least wipe it once in a while.
You know, spelling and spamming don't mix...
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2005, 10:55 AM

Can he borrow yours. I hear you have a family set.

you da foo.
We do? Wow, never met any other Cubans in the KKK. Fascinating, tell me more.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2005, 10:58 AM

LÖLÖL!!! You surely need to lookup the meaning of "bigot"... or to make the hint even clearer: There are no Germans on the pictures I posted. Now geddit?

Pb.
You still don't understand how demeaning and disgusting it is for you to use "N*****" just for your own political satire, do you? C'mon, I'm hispanic, use a slur against me, might as well make it a full set, big man.
- Thomas Paine

lurkalot
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2005, 11:42 AM

Snopes

I can only hope that the outrage over the ill treatment of "bait puppies" created by stories like these will help put an end to all cruel and unnecessary shark fishing practices.

http://www.sharkmans-world.com/images/sharkfinning.mov
( Last edited by lurkalot; Oct 6, 2005 at 12:23 AM. )

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2005, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by villalobos
ROFL. You are so incredibly ****ing dumb.
...that's ALL you got? Heh, good job making yourself look so incredibly effing <sarcastic>...smart.</sarcastic>

This is indeed a disgusting practice. Where are the animal lovers and envrinmentalists?

===============

RollingBones: Note the past tense in your statement. Your remark and attempt to equate us morally fails.

Regarding this statement:

I DO hope you are joking.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Railroader
Banned
Oct 6, 2005, 02:53 AM

You still don't understand how demeaning and disgusting it is for you to use "N*****" just for your own political satire, do you? C'mon, I'm hispanic, use a slur against me, might as well make it a full set, big man.
I simply don't get it either. When will those who throw around racial epithets realize how stupid it makes them look.

Hispanics seem to be open game around here. I know Athens has no love for them and when he posted a thread demeaning them no one called him out for it.

IIRC, you are the same basic mix as me. Irish/Hispanic right?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2005, 08:22 AM

Athens did that? When, where?

He'd better not come to Florida.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2005, 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=loki74]...that's ALL you got? Heh, good job making yourself look so incredibly effing <sarcastic>...smart.</sarcastic>

[QUOTE]

What else is there to reply to a post who link the French to terrorists beacuse of that article, except for the fact that is is pretty ****ing dumb.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2005, 12:20 PM

I'm sure he didn't make the term "sandnigger" up himself. And frankly, hearing some of the turds in this forum speaking of "towelheads" and MEANING it is far more offensive IMNSHO than cynicism that is obviously aimed well enough to have found a willing and appropriate target in you.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2005, 12:21 PM

What else is there to reply to a post who link the French to terrorists beacuse of that article, except for the fact that is is pretty ****ing dumb.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2005, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by analogika
I'm sure he didn't make the term "sandnigger" up himself. And frankly, hearing some of the turds in this forum speaking of "towelheads" and MEANING it is far more offensive IMNSHO than cynicism that is obviously aimed well enough to have found a willing and appropriate target in you.
Who has used that term when referring to Arabs? Who? Point them out, I'll give them "whats for" also.

And I don't give a damn if he made up the term or not, it doesn't make it right to use it in that context (or agruably any other). It's sad, demeaning, and shows his poor character. Good day.
- Thomas Paine

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 6, 2005, 02:15 PM

Who has used that term when referring to Arabs?
in my parts, the question is who hasn't?

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

notloc_D
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 6, 2005, 02:35 PM

i prefer the term 'killer muslims'

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 6, 2005, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by notloc_D
i prefer the term 'killer muslims'
Welcome no0b or banniation returnee!0!

Railroader
Banned
Oct 7, 2005, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Athens did that? When, where?

He'd better not come to Florida.
There's another guy posting racist things about Mexicans in the lounge too. The levels of the acceptance of racism in this place is skyrocketing.

Edit: Here you go Cody Thread

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 05:55 AM

Who has used that term when referring to Arabs? Who? Point them out, I'll give them "whats for" also.

And I don't give a damn if he made up the term or not, it doesn't make it right to use it in that context (or agruably any other). It's sad, demeaning, and shows his poor character. Good day.
Welp, I thought it was spot-on, and reactions to his post seem to verify that, so we'll have to disagree.

And I condone the use of certain terms when the object is to cynically expose people who use them in earnest. A lot of good satire is in bad taste; if it makes you uncomfortable, it's probably supposed to.

Good day to you.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader
There's another guy posting racist things about Mexicans in the lounge too. The levels of the acceptance of racism in this place is skyrocketing.
True, though budster and PacHead have apparently been banned, so all is not as bad as it may seem.

Hmm. I dunno.

I got called a racist for jokingly calling someone a "terrorist" who asked about Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew support in Word - some moron even started a thread on me!

The discussion of racism in this thread is just as idiotic.

It's like being called racist for making the sarcastic remark that "Well, yeah, but they're just blacks" in a discussion on Bush mishandling the New Orleans disaster.

Railroader
Banned
Oct 7, 2005, 06:29 AM

True, though budster and PacHead have apparently been banned, so all is not as bad as it may seem.

Hmm. I dunno.

I got called a racist for jokingly calling someone a "terrorist" who asked about Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew support in Word - some moron even started a thread on me!

The discussion of racism in this thread is just as idiotic.

It's like being called racist for making the sarcastic remark that "Well, yeah, but they're just blacks" in a discussion on Bush mishandling the New Orleans disaster.
So, should people who make racist remarks be banned? Or do you find it acceptable? I understand the rare joke, that's not what I am talking about.

You seem to have apointed yourself a mod lately. Though without the usual mod powers.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 08:37 AM

Actually it was at a all time high before the war on Irak, against the French, German and others 'treators'. The curiousa thing is you did not seem to notice it as much.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2005, 09:37 AM

Welp, I thought it was spot-on, and reactions to his post seem to verify that, so we'll have to disagree.

And I condone the use of certain terms when the object is to cynically expose people who use them in earnest. A lot of good satire is in bad taste; if it makes you uncomfortable, it's probably supposed to.
it doesn't make me uncomfortable (as you can tell by me checking on this thread about 1 time /day), it just makes him look like a bigot who uses the term often... secretly enjoying it, claiming he uses it out of context for "shock value". He's just another leftist pig hiding behind his human rights highground, more semi-human debris. No surprise. *shrug*
- Thomas Paine

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 7, 2005, 06:04 PM

Actually it was at a all time high before the war on Irak, against the French, German and others 'treators'. The curiousa thing is you did not seem to notice it as much.
According to Macinstein calling a Mexican a Mexican is racist.

He told me so.

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by loki74
...that's ALL you got? Heh, good job making yourself look so incredibly effing <sarcastic>...smart.</sarcastic>
It's your opinion that its effing dumb. SUPPORT IT.
..duh?

Just saying something is effing dumb and walking away only makes you look dumb. Seeing as how you must be sooo sagacious, I'm sure you can come up with something better than that.

As for the whole racism thing, I do not think it is appropriate anywhere. It is not right to call them "sand******s" and it is not right to call black people the "N" word either. That said, I also don't think its right for people to go and act like they are discriminated and entitled to something, while they discriminate others at the same time. White people should not be referred to as "crackers."

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 08:28 PM

it doesn't make me uncomfortable (as you can tell by me checking on this thread about 1 time /day), it just makes him look like a bigot who uses the term often... secretly enjoying it, claiming he uses it out of context for "shock value".
No, I don't think it makes him look like that at all.

btw, the term has been used three times on this board: once by Powerbook, once by KellyHogan, and once by an Abu Bakr.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 08:34 PM

So, should people who make racist remarks be banned? Or do you find it acceptable?
I'm intolerant towards racists in that I don't particularly mind that their drivel be removed.

This board has a (unfortunately somewhat haphazard) policy of removing assholes from traffic (and since racists are generally assholes...), which I do not object to.

Are you suggesting that Powerbook is a racist? And that I should approve his banning?

I thought you're in favor of the "odd joke"?

You seem to have apointed yourself a mod lately. Though without the usual mod powers.
I have? That's odd, considering I hardly post in the pol lounge, and not much anymore elsewhere on this board. Care to elaborate? I'm genuinely interested.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 08:38 PM

...that's ALL you got?
I doubt it.

It was, however, a succinctly put version of all the response really needed to his post.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 7, 2005, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by lurkalot
Well, so much for the "Evil French" angle.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 09:10 PM

It's your opinion that its effing dumb. SUPPORT IT.
..duh?

Just saying something is effing dumb and walking away only makes you look dumb. Seeing as how you must be sooo sagacious, I'm sure you can come up with something better than that.

"

Here is the answer for you , brought to you by lurkalot. Now do you feel ****ing dumb too, 'cause really, you could

All right let metry to help you here. So they found that black man dragged to death by a pickup truck . I heard the poor man was used as a bait for coyotes. Where is the outrage?

Got it?
( Last edited by villalobos; Oct 7, 2005 at 09:16 PM. )

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2005, 09:59 PM

Here is the answer for you , brought to you by lurkalot. Now do you feel ****ing dumb too, 'cause really, you could
Nope, not one bit. I suppose I could, but its still you who should. Your link only veryfies the story that the OP cited. Granted, it does indeed debunk the link he drew between this practice and French culture. Does rule 8 only apply to those who start threads? I fugure it would apply to them and anyone who posts in a thread. (i guess a mod will have to straighten that out.) It has nothing whatsoever to do with what you said earlier.

My point was that you just quoted the OP's entire post, didnt even zero in on anything, and just called him names. Childish really. You could at least specify what part of the post you object to. And give reasons. Which you've yet to explicitly do; I'm decucing your points and meaning.

All right let metry to help you here. So they found that black man dragged to death by a pickup truck . I heard the poor man was used as a bait for coyotes. Where is the outrage?
That is disgusting, those who did it should have the maximum possible punishment bruoght down upon them. Seriously, you expect the OP to know every news story, EVERY thing thats is appaling, and post up some outrage here in the PL? He saw this story, not yours, and was disgusted by it. So he posted about it, and provided his opinion. Indeed his logic may not be perfect, but you're not convincing anyone just by calling him an effing idiot, and not even explaining why.

Where's your outrage? You're the one with the story. So go start a thread about it, and I'm sure you'll see that we are humane to people as well as to dogs.

Got it?
Oh yeah. How about you?

Forum Links
Forum Rules