Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Missing iTunes Features (Perhaps in 8.0?)

Missing iTunes Features (Perhaps in 8.0?)
mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2007, 11:34 PM

Don't get me wrong, iTunes is VERY feature complete, but I still feel there are a few "that would be great" type features that just aren't there.

On in particular is the lack of features in full screen cover flow mode. It looks AMAZING, but IMHO, it's missing a number of features that would "just make sense."

OK, above you will see a sample image of coverflow in full screen mode. It's a wonderful way to display your music at a party or small gathering. The problem is:
- There isn't a way to see what songs are on an album. (without switching out of full screen mode)
- There is no way to move to a specific song (without switching out of full screen mode)

Those two items are related, but if they would simply embed the feature that's already on the iPhone (AKA, clicking on the album would "flip" it to reveal the contents of the album.

It's tricky as you can sort the songs so many different ways (example, if you sorted your library alphabeticaly by song, this wouldn't work), but I think it would really complete the full screen coverflow mode.

Thoughts?

Forum Links
Forum Rules