Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 24 songs in iCloud invisible to iTunes app?

24 songs in iCloud invisible to iTunes app?
Storyboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 3, 2012, 02:49 PM

Surely, I have too much time on my hands right now, but, please, humor me with your consideration of this scenario:

1. When I Update iTunes Match or turn it off, then back on again, I'm told that I have 24,263 songs available in iCloud.

2. A Smart Playlist set to include all items with Location-->iCloud shows a total of 24,239 songs.

3. Song totals in a trio of Smart Playlists for iCloud Status-->Matched, Uploaded and Purchased combine to match the number in 2. above.

4. Similarly, the total number of songs in my Library, as reported at the bottom of the iTunes window, also shows the total from 2.

5. Turning on iTunes Match on my MacBook or my PC at work shows both totals matching that same lower number.

What are these extra 24 phantom items that are "hiding" in iCloud?

This discrepancy is not causing any problems in how/when/where I listen to my music, but I'd just like to know why it exists.

Anyone? I'm betting it's something obvious, in which case I will suffer gladly the kicks I might receive on this one, but, really, I'm at a loss.

Thanks.
Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.

iMac Core2Duo 2.16GHz/3G RAM/250G HD OSX 10.6.6
Various Peripherals

Forum Links
Forum Rules