Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > comp usa and availability of 17 inch

comp usa and availability of 17 inch
dccski
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2003, 12:54 PM

as of yesterday it said ships on 2/28/03. this morning said coming soon. just now it said ships in 2-4 weeks. looks encouraging foe end of march.

skyman
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2003, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by dccski:
as of yesterday it said ships on 2/28/03. this morning said coming soon. just now it said ships in 2-4 weeks. looks encouraging foe end of march.
Remember, you are talking about CrapUSA. You can't believe a single word they tell you.

MrK
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2003, 01:36 PM

Or maybe mid-May. Who knows when those things will get out the door.

art_director
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2003, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by dccski:
i wouldn't buy a mac from compusa. they blow.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2003, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by art_director:
i wouldn't buy a mac from compusa. they blow.
You obviously haven't been in one in a while. Most of them have Apple employees in them, full time.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

baglunch
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
You obviously haven't been in one in a while. Most of them have Apple employees in them, full time.
I'm a big fan of their return and replacement policy.

art_director
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2003, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
i was in one on wednesday. their "apple employee" is a friggin' moron and he's at the store for like fifteen minutes a week.

tell me something, if the "apple employee" at my local apple store is supposed to make my compusa buying experience better, then why do all the ibooks and ti powerbooks on display have broken hinges? shouldn't the "apple employee" make sure his product line is always represented in the most favorable light?

bottom line, compusa sucks. i would prefer to buy at either of the apple stores in my area, first tech ( a small but preffered apple retailer ) or microcenter.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2003, 05:32 PM

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy from CompUSA. EVER.

EVER EVER EVER.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

iChristopher
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2003, 05:39 PM

CompUSA is great if you DO NOT:

1) Have questions about a product
2) Need to return something
3) Want to get them on the phone

I cannot stand CompUSA, but I bought my 667 DVI there. They do have some good extended warranty options, and from what I've heard (second hand mind you) they are pretty good about honoring the warranty.

They just employ mostly kids that have no idea what they are talking about. Moreover, you can never find one of these kids when you need assistance. It took me 10-minutes to find somebody to sell me my PowerBook. All I needed was somebody to go in the back and get one!

They also have this nasty habit of not putting prices on stuff, and I can never seem to find the shelf label for the thing I'm interested in.
TiBook 667 DVI - 20" Cinema Display - 20GB iPod

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2003, 05:51 PM

I was in Compusa recently and was looking at the powerbooks.... the only thing the kid (apple person) did was come over and ask if I had any questions then proceeded to tell me the coolest thing about this computer was the genie open and closing for files.... I just stood there with my mouth open as he walked away before I could say a word...

CrapUSA is more like it... they were going to sell me the demo Tibook for $100 less, then sell me two warranties with the thing... one for the screen and one for the computer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a special warranty that you buy with this computer APP... which includes the monitor right?

OH... it had a chip out of the back of the machine as well....

that!

:O)

Forum Links
Forum Rules