Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Disk will not eject

Disk will not eject
adobes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2010, 12:53 PM

I have a iMac (2.16 Ghz intel core 2 Duo processor with a Pioneer DVD -RW DVR-K06 drive). It currently has a library book on tape CD in the drive and it will not eject. When trying to eject the CD, the drive tries to eject the disk and then treats it like a new one has been installed and remounts it and opens iTunes and allows the disk to be played. I have tried all the steps shown in the help topics for ejecting disks without success. The disks have a paper label attached to the center of the disk identifying it as belonging to the library. Short of taking it in for repair, are there any suggestions for getting the disk to eject?

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 27, 2010, 02:09 PM

Turn it on its side, with the slot over hanging the edge of a table, power it up while holding down the mouse button to get it to eject, see if gravity will help it.

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2010, 09:56 PM

Are you using a virtual machine at the same time? 'Cause the disk might have been snagged by the virtual machine (this happens to me when I'm using Sheepshaver--quitting allows the disk to eject.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2010, 11:28 PM

Slot-loading drives hate labels and thicker than normal discs, live and learn I suppose, if it sneaks out far enough to grab, grab it. you could try shaking the machine sideways while ejecting it as well. Definitely not for the faint of heart though.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2010, 11:52 PM

tweezers at the correct moment during the eject process may help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules