Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > B/W G3 skin parts available?

B/W G3 skin parts available?
Nelson Au
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2002, 01:05 PM

This is a great place, I thank you for all the imput I've had in the last week for my Blue and White G3 OS9 upgrade questions.

FYI, the firmware upgrade and went fine and I then upgraded to OS 9.0.4. There was a bit of concern as I upgraded the RAM by 512mb to over 700mb of RAM. The machine takes longer to boot up and there seems to be a bit of time for the system to find the OS and get going on start up. My good friend told me to high light the main harddrive using the start up disk function in the control panels. That fixed the earlier problem when it didn't seem to find the smily Mac.

At anyrate, now I have a new question. I just noticed that the front lower leg of the machine has developed cracks near the screw that attaches to the main body. They are bad enough that I can feel them as the plastic is deformed from the forces of the screw. Can I buy a new leg? Or the dream was to buy a complete set of the graphite skins from a G4! While I had lusted for the G4 skins for a time, I now feel a sense of pride that I own the first generation G3 of this new design language from the beige boxes. So I am happy to try to restore it's original parts.

Any help is appresciated!

Nelson

RBattin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2002, 02:39 PM

Apple offers service providers that part (922-3695 - Support, Front) for a cost of $10.80 plus $6.95 shipping. Finding one that will sell it to you for that price may be a challenge!

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
May 5, 2002, 08:26 PM

What about handle screws? This might sound awkward but my dp800 has a stripped screw (which I can pull out using one of those screw out devices), but I wonder what a good price on those would be

what would probably look nice is putting silver sides, and leaving the blue plates on, but putting the blue apples on the silver sides (and having clear handles), or such.

It'd be interesting to see a clear handle g3

I know on ebay you can find these every now and then, apple parts are rediculously overpriced by the providers, so sometimes a direct order from apple is easier
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2002, 08:59 PM

Who is a good dealer that would give good prices. Anyone care to plug?

Forum Links
Forum Rules