Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Importing my Eudora mailbox to OSX from Windows

Importing my Eudora mailbox to OSX from Windows
s_l_o_w__k_i_l_l_s
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 9, 2002, 07:38 PM

I'm trying migrate my Eudora mailboxes to Mac OSX from Windows. Eudora for OSX is in beta, and despite following the instructions closely I can't get the migration to work. I suspect the import facility is just not complete yet.

I generally like the mail application that comes with OSX, but it won't import the windows eudora files and has no documentation of any value that I can find.

So two questions - 1) Got any ideas of how to get my Eudora mailboxes imported into either Mail or Eudora for Win OSX, 2) Any other e-mail programs I should consider that might be able to do the migration and that might have some advantage over Eudora (too many confusing windows) or Mail?
The early bird may get the worm, but the early worm gets eaten!

RBattin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2002, 12:02 AM

Converting mailboxes involves changing PC linefeeds to Mac format. See this site:

Migrating From Windows to MAC

ericpurcell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2004, 05:04 PM

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you..

You just saved me like 3 days worth of work.
-- ericP

Old Toad
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2004, 08:41 PM

As you probably know by now, Eudora for OSX is now at 6.0.2 and runs extremely well. I think it runs circles around Mail or any of the other mail apps for OSX. Just my 2� worth of unsolicited testimony.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2004, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Old Toad:
As you probably know by now, Eudora for OSX is now at 6.0.2 and runs extremely well. I think it runs circles around Mail or any of the other mail apps for OSX. Just my 2� worth of unsolicited testimony.
And it redefines fugly user interface

Forum Links
Forum Rules