Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > constant 'access privileges' alert in PS Elements

constant 'access privileges' alert in PS Elements
drissa
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2004, 09:52 AM

Hi folks

I'm getting an alert box telling me I don't have sufficient privileges to perform the requested operation. This is happening regularly in PS Elements, without any specific trigger (it just appears, even when the app is in the background).

I've tried fiddling with the permissions under 'get info', but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing - I think I've given full privileges to both accounts for this software. I have an administrator account plus one with restricted access for students. I need to look into all this more, as I think it might explain some other issues we've been having.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the PSE issue? I've repaired permissions, although not booting from a disc. I've only just reinstalled Panther (clean) and the issue is still happening. Would it be easier to just use one account, even if it means the students can cause havoc?!

I've searched, but couldn't find anything (apart from an interesting thread about a dad trying to spy on his son...)

Many thanks

1Ghz Powerbook, 768MB, 10.3.5

drissa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2004, 06:17 PM

Apologies. The alert is more like 'can't complete operation because the file is locked'. As I mentioned, I've fiddled with the settings under 'app - Get Info' and set both users to 'read and write'. I've also clicked on the lock icon, although this is just to make changes and I can't imagine how it could affect the operation of the software.

Again, this is happening in often and during times when no actions are being performed.

Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules