Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > system audio out (w/Edirol) just stops working...

system audio out (w/Edirol) just stops working...
FredCouples
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2008, 08:08 PM

Hi @all,

I am really in despair - without any reason (at least not one I can see) the system audio output (over an Edirol UA-25 Audio/MIDI-interface) just stops working regularly (that's five to ten times a day). Not even restarting the finder helps, only turning the whole machine off and on again does (I'm on a MB 2CD, 10.4.9). Because I have to (and want to) listen to a lot of stuff this is really annoying. When I installed the Edirol UA-25 driver I had to to it a couple of times over (always removing the old one of course) before it worked and now the thingy (or OS X?) is giving me the 'silent treatment'...I need your help, guys.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers

FredCouples

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2008, 04:45 AM

A couple of suggestions:

Update to 10.4.11.

Make sure the Edirol driver is really the latest version.

If you have it connected via a USB hub, don't. Try connecting it directly and see if that helps. If it does and you absolutely need a hub, try replacing the hub (it might just be breaking down).

Try replacing the USB cable - flaky cables can do weird things.

FredCouples  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2008, 10:14 PM

Thanks, Spheric Harlot,

I once updated to 10.4.11 and after that I really couldn't do anything anymore...I was basically f****d. So I downgraded again and would like to keep it that way...

I installed the latest driver from their hp (2.2.2). The thingy is directly connected via a USB cable, but I am going to change that into a new one! Thanks for the tip!

Forum Links
Forum Rules