Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > new macupdate bundle

new macupdate bundle
shmerek
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2008, 01:20 AM

Anyone seen it or going to buy it? Thing is going pretty slow don't know if they will get the numbers to unlock Parallels
When you purchase bundles now, you'll be the immediate owner of Hazel, Art Text, MenuCalendarClock, Leap, StoryMill, Typinator and DVDRemaster Pro. Then when the Mac community spreads the word and reaches 5,000 bundles sold, Sound Studio will be unlocked into the bundle for free. People that purchase the bundle before each unlock milestone will have the unlocked products automatically added to their accounts for free. Because of the superb success of the Mac community in the last 2 bundles, we fully expect to reach all 3 unlock milestones during the 2-week span of this event.
The other two apps are Parallels and BannerZest

What do you guys think of the whole unlocking when certain targets are hit approach? Lots of people seem grumpy about this one

and note I didn't post any links I am not trying to get referrals or any crap like that if this is deemed to be too spamish a thread by all means delete

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2008, 02:03 AM

Compared to the latest MacHeist bundle, this seems quite useful.

Hazel is an excellent app, well worth the money.
I'm not sure about Leap yet. I use Yep, from the same people, and Yep a very good app.

-t

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2008, 04:21 AM

I'll post a link: MacUpdate Promo - Big discounts on Mac software every day.

It definitely looks better than MacHeist. I can't help but feel like the MacHeist guys shot themselves in the foot by getting secretive and snippy when people accused them of ripping off developers. It seems like they're having more trouble getting bigger apps onboard. I'm not sure yet whether I'll get this one. It's tempting. It would suck to not get Parallels in the Parallels bundle, though.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

shmerek  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2008, 06:36 AM

I bought it up quick on the strength of Hazel alone it is a great little app and I am only scratching the surface. The MacHeist bundle seems so weak in comparison. I never heard the dirt on MacHeist being accused of ripping of the developers, might have to do some digging

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2008, 12:13 PM

I've bought the previous MacUpdate bundles (the first one and the Pangea one) and the MacHeist II bundle. I use a few of the apps from each on a regular basis and some less frequently, others not at all, but it has exposed me to apps I would otherwise never have even considered downloading, nevermind using (e.g. Cha-Ching, Photopresenter, PulpMotion). It has also been a good way to get a cheap second licence for some apps I already have so that my brother and his wife can run them legitimately (e.g. RapidWeaver, GraphicConverter and TechTool Pro).

I'm hoping the current bundle will unlock BannerZest at the least as it is just what I am looking for to design some parts of a new site I am working on. Parallels would be a good bonus, but I have been quite content with the free VirtualBox for my limited Windows needs.

However, I can't help but think that they would get a lot, lot more sales if they made one of the major apps a part of the bundle straight away and the unlock was one of the more minor apps instead (e.g. they would probably have sold 15 000 of the bundle already if Parallels was in it from the start).

Aegis
Forum Regular
Apr 19, 2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah it seems strange to name the bundle after a locked app. But I'm certain it's all a tease and even if they didn't reach those numbers they would still unlock everything. Nobody would want to deal with the 100,000 whining emails if everything wasn't unlocked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules