Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > UT2k4 Retail Patch (3204) is out!

UT2k4 Retail Patch (3204) is out!
MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2004, 09:48 PM

It's at macgamefiles.com.
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

riotge@r
Forum Regular
May 24, 2004, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by MacGallant:
It's at macgamefiles.com.
thanks, i am downloading now.
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz

proton
Senior User
May 24, 2004, 11:30 AM

Notes about this patch from http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2036:

UT2004 for MacOS X patch 3204... (posted 2004-05-22 04:30:17 by icculus):
...is now available. This patch will apply cleanly to either a fresh install of UT2004/mac (3186), or an installation with the interim patch (3186.1). This patch needs an installation of the retail game; it will not work with the demo...although we'll be updating that soon, too.

Please note that this patch hasn't gone through MacSoft QA (or really much of any QA, to be honest), but in the interest of time, I'm putting this out there now. If that makes you nervous, you should wait for an official announcement from MacSoft.

Grab it here, and please mirror. Email me if you want your mirror added to this news post.
- proton

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 24, 2004, 01:41 PM

Hopefully this will fix the problem with Red Orchestra, I haven't downloaded the mod yet, which reminds me, do any of you want to help out the red orchestra team and become a mac tester?

http://redorchestramod.gameservers.net/

here's what's going on for a mac version http://redorchestramod.gameservers.n...?showtopic=877

ARK
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 07:20 PM

Wow that looks cool! Where do I download it for mac? Do I get the zip version? Not sure how it works.

Originally posted by Caesar2099:
Hopefully this will fix the problem with Red Orchestra, I haven't downloaded the mod yet, which reminds me, do any of you want to help out the red orchestra team and become a mac tester?

here's what's going on for a mac version http://redorchestramod.gameservers.n...?showtopic=877

- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

- MacBook Pro or iMac (soon hopefully)

Vash
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2004, 10:27 PM

Yup, get the zip version and visit the RedOrchestra forums for information on how to install and play it on OS X. Fun mod, makes ut2k4 feel like bf1942
Revenge is a meal best served cold.

ARK
Forum Regular
May 25, 2004, 10:52 PM

I keep getting errors trying to register for their forums.. whats the trade secret for getting it to work with OSX?

Originally posted by Vash:
Yup, get the zip version and visit the RedOrchestra forums for information on how to install and play it on OS X. Fun mod, makes ut2k4 feel like bf1942
- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

- MacBook Pro or iMac (soon hopefully)

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2004, 03:55 AM

Sadly the patch is missing one feature the Windows patch added. Or rather removed... The Windows version no longer requires the CD/DVD to be in the drive to play.
<This space under renovation>

emark
Forum Regular
May 27, 2004, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Caesar2099:
do any of you want to help out the red orchestra team and become a mac tester?

Caesar, who do we talk with about being a mac tester, you, or go there to register/get involved?

It looks interesting, will downloadiong now...the forums are out for some reason...but will install when can read.

I've only been actively gaming several months, and love UT...i'd not heard of this, but was just recently thinking how cool it would be to have a mod like this for the old west...with horses for vehicles, and realistic weapons/physics like you're doing for the Eastern front...although I'm sure what I'm imagining there owes more to a Hollywood version of the way the "West was Won" than history books, but it would be neat....I'm excited to give this a whirl.

thanks
( Last edited by emark; May 27, 2004 at 02:27 PM. )

Caesar2099
Mac Enthusiast
May 27, 2004, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by emark:
Caesar, who do we talk with about being a mac tester, you, or go there to register/get involved?
I'm not involved with the mod, I'm just an enthusiastic Red Orchestra fan

What happened was apperently the guy who created the Mac launcher for the original Red Orchestra did not make an updated version of his launcher for RO 2.0. By the time they released 2.0, the mac guy still had not responded. Before the forums went down someone had figured out how to make an updated RO launcher in AppleScript, and posted directions on the site. I didn't save the directions though and have been unable to make my own.

Originally posted by emark:
ut was just recently thinking how cool it would be to have a mod like this for the old west...with horses for vehicles, and realistic weapons/physics
If you want an old west mod check out Lawdogs http://mods.moddb.com/1514/
I played an old version of it very fun mod.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
May 27, 2004, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Drakino:
Sadly the patch is missing one feature the Windows patch added. Or rather removed... The Windows version no longer requires the CD/DVD to be in the drive to play.
Not only that, but they've made the Mac version MORE restrictive by not allowing you to eject the CD while the game is running. A lot of LAN parties would have just two or three DVDs of the game, and you just start your game with the DVD in the drive, then eject the disc and give it to someone else.

It's stupid that they've made the Mac version more restrictive while removing restrictions from the PC version.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
May 27, 2004, 04:33 PM

Meh... make a disc image and mount it with Toast. No biggie.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

emark
Forum Regular
May 29, 2004, 05:08 PM

thanks caesar, I'll hunt around and see what I can turn up...it's out there somewhere...looks interesting

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2004, 06:11 PM

With all due respect, this Red Orchestra thing all looks very nice. But it's as clear as freshly stirred mud as to how Mac users are supposed to DL and install it. Does it work, or doesnt it? And if so, how exactly? Those forums are a disaster to navigate and the links provided here dont seem to work as they should
Oh well, I cant really play UT2004 now anyway, thanks to the 10.3.4 update phuquing it up.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Vash
Dedicated MacNNer
May 29, 2004, 09:02 PM

RedOrchestra 2 works perfectly fine. Just download the zip version and install it like you would any other ut2k4 mod, dragging the folder/files where they belong. To launch the mod go to the System directoy inside the ut2004 app in the terminal and type "./ut2004-bin -mod=RedOrchestra" Ah, and for the physics to work properly you must take the one file in RedOrchestra/KarmData and just put it in the main KarmaData instead of RO's.
Revenge is a meal best served cold.

Forum Links
Forum Rules