Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > "Could not activate EDGE" - Anyone else get this?

"Could not activate EDGE" - Anyone else get this?
chipchen
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 04:10 AM

I can't find anyone else with this issue,.... I know EDGE is slow and all, but are there people who CAN'T even get on it? I can only use my iPhone on a WiFi network...

Without my WiFi network, all I get is, "Could not activate EDGE." Anyone?

Rumor Addict
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2007, 10:58 AM

This happened to me once when my signal was really weak. Do you have edge coverage in your area? You can "reset edge" by turning the airplane mode on , waiting 10 seconds, then turning it off.
MacBook 2.0 / Powerbook 1ghz 12inch 768mb / Original 5 gig iPod / 512mb iPod Shuffle

chipchen  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 02:51 PM

UPDATE:

Figured it out... or rather.... I basically resolved it by doing a software RESTORE on the iPhone. There's a neat feature that backups your iPhone prefs when you restore it. Kinda cool. Just gotta re-download your media,mail, and put the passwords back in for your email.

Forum Links
Forum Rules