Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] ThemePark 2.0

[ANN] ThemePark 2.0
smeger
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 12:14 PM

Get it while it's hot! ThemePark 2.0.

Use ThemePark to create guiKits for use with Unsanity's ShapeShifter. You can create themes and icon sets with ThemePark, and even bundle cursor sets and desktop pictures into your guiKits. Support is included for many common application and document icon formats. You can even embed multiple resolutions of your favorite desktop pictures into a guiKit, and ShapeShifter will automatically pick whichever one is best when the picture is applied.

Here's what's new:
  • ThemePark now requires Panther.
  • Added support and editors for Icon Sets, Cursor Sets and Desktop Pictures within guiKit themes.
  • Added ability to customize some iTunes text colors and fonts within an iTunes application skin.
  • Added ability to customize the Finder's sidebar and column view backgrounds.
  • Added a "Prune" menu command which can be used to remove Aqua elements from generated guiKit files.
  • The Text Color editor now shows which colors have been modified.
  • Added Help menu link to the Digital Ramen theme creation tutorial.
  • Variants in an existing "tpark" file can now be imported by dragging them in to the variant picker.
  • Added standard menu keyboard equivalent to open ThemePark's preferences.
  • Added Italian localization, courtesy of Claudio Santucci.
  • App skins are now exported properly, so that if the application isn't in the expected location, the skin will still be applied.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented adding an app skin to a theme variant if another variant in the same file already had a skin for that application.
  • Resolved issues that could prevent iChat, Preview and Installer app skins from working properly.
  • Fixed some missing images in the iMovie template
  • Updated appskin template for iTunes 4.5.
  • Added Bluetooth button to the Address Book application skin.
  • Added VLC equalizer button.
  • Default text colors are now correct when no theme is currently applied to the operating system.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause element's comments to display improperly in Panther.
  • Discarding the changes to a variant preview no longer results in an unusable tpark file.
  • Moved "Jaguar Round Text Field" and "Jaguar Large Push Buttons" back out of the "obsolete" category. They're not used often, but they're still used.
  • Some new toolbar icons courtesy of Brien Edick.
  • Removed "New Theme" from the file menu - it's obsolete.
  • Changed the "Export Theme" menu item to "Export" since it exports stuff other than just themes now.
  • Photoshop� integration now works properly with editors that have been opened in their own window.

Grab it!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

gautch
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 12:24 PM

It seems to be a great week in themeing history!..
Thanks Smeger!

.saNNic.
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 12:27 PM

Thank you, Jason.

Thank you very much.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2004, 12:33 PM

Whoopee! For this and all the themes that will be updated or released b/c of this!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 12:57 PM

Hawt Dayum.....thanks Jason!

Kate
Senior User
Oct 27, 2004, 01:07 PM

Thanks a lot Jason!

p.s. Still the same old site at Geekspiff, hm? Better coding fpr TP and SS than for a new site?

Tick
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2004, 01:12 PM

Hah, I was looking for this last night even. I think ss can do everything I need now, thanks

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2004, 02:08 PM

Will GuiKitty be updated soon? (Assuming it needs to be...)

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2004, 02:14 PM

Lots of new stuff this week indeed. Confusion...
If I take a SS1 theme into TP2 and add a few new mods like p.e. finder sidebar background, it'd be saved as a TP2 file.
Will the export as GUIkit be applicable using SS1 or do I need SS2 to apply a TP2 theme ?

Tick
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2004, 02:18 PM

Can I add a background image to the finder sidebar, and if so, make it expand and contract like the icons do? (i'm guessing not, but worth asking)

crooner
Senior User
Oct 27, 2004, 04:30 PM

Jason, you are a monster. Thanks for all the hard work and late hours. Now go and partake in any and all vices that strike thy fancy!

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Kate:
Thanks a lot Jason!

p.s. Still the same old site at Geekspiff, hm? Better coding fpr TP and SS than for a new site?
Yup, was waiting to get these releases out the door before updating the site. Can't wait to do it!

Originally posted by Tick:
Can I add a background image to the finder sidebar, and if so, make it expand and contract like the icons do? (i'm guessing not, but worth asking)
Nope, just a solid color.

Originally posted by Gerrit Vanoppen:
If I take a SS1 theme into TP2 and add a few new mods like p.e. finder sidebar background, it'd be saved as a TP2 file.
Will the export as GUIkit be applicable using SS1 or do I need SS2 to apply a TP2 theme ?
The exported guiKit will only be applicable using SS2.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
Oct 27, 2004, 06:19 PM

Looks good, I'l give it a blast tomorrow. Just wondering, but can List views also be edited now? I saw that SS supports both column and list views, but TP above mentions only column views from what I can see.

Great stuff though.

Cheers.
sanathana sarathi
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 09:45 PM

Looks good Jason. Now I'll have to add some of that new functionality into Slick Orange. Everytime I think I'm done with that theme, you pull me back in.

Tick
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2004, 09:58 PM

One other question, just more curiosity than anything else. Why is this shareware? I can see why shape shifter is, but this is more an app to promote ss, and used by a much smaller group of people, who obviously (if they are even aware of it/making themes) would want to help better said product.

Just curiosity

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 09:59 PM

I haven't had time to work a lot in TP 2 but when beta testing it, what little I did with it, I was very impressed with how Jason continues to improve it greatly.
click one

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by SubGeniux:
Looks good, I'l give it a blast tomorrow. Just wondering, but can List views also be edited now? I saw that SS supports both column and list views, but TP above mentions only column views from what I can see.

Great stuff though.

Cheers.
Yup. In fact, quite a lot of the "big white spaces" can now be changed. Maybe I'll put together a little pictorial showing what each of the colors in Elements -> Global Elements -> Text Colors actually does so you guys can see some of the new possibilities instead of having me describe 'em to you. There's a lot of new flexibility in there, especially for dark themes.

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2004, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by smeger:
Yup. In fact, quite a lot of the "big white spaces" can now be changed. Maybe I'll put together a little pictorial showing what each of the colors in Elements -> Global Elements -> Text Colors actually does so you guys can see some of the new possibilities instead of having me describe 'em to you. There's a lot of new flexibility in there, especially for dark themes.
That would be great! I also can't find the Finder sidebar color...anyone know where I'm supposed to be looking?

smeger  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2004, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by wagmedia:
That would be great! I also can't find the Finder sidebar color...anyone know where I'm supposed to be looking?
Elements -> Global Elements -> Text Colors -> Sidebar Background

esXXI
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 02:33 AM

/Me rubs hands together eagerly.

crooner
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 02:43 AM

Oh, man... Jason, that would be fantastic! Please do so.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
Oct 28, 2004, 06:04 AM

wow, that is just too cool, this is really goinna open up a bajillion possibilities.

Great work you've done on these 2 programs, time to go explore.
sanathana sarathi
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 08:52 AM

Elements -> Global Elements -> Text Colors -> Sidebar Background
Thanks Jason.

Kate
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 02:39 PM

That would be a greatly appreciated help!! Instaed of fiddling by trial and error a direct approach for the looks you want! Please, yes, do it!

penguinn
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2004, 03:50 PM

okay, how can one theme the itunes window background like in exec?! that's the one thing i don't know how to do.
*DeXtop GUI

.saNNic.
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2004, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by penguinn:
okay, how can one theme the itunes window background like in exec?! that's the one thing i don't know how to do.
It's all in the Window Bevels and Window Background. Smooth gradients, very smooth.

penguinn
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2004, 11:27 PM

wait, so i can change the color from window bevels????
*DeXtop GUI

Forum Links
Forum Rules