Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Borderlands, brought to you by: The Final Dakar

Borderlands, brought to you by: The Final Dakar (Page 6)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2010, 03:21 PM

Stogie looks to be right at the meat-zone for P1 of General Knoxx, yes?

To be honest, I'm not much into Ned's...and more into Moxxi then I thought I'd be.

Still, Knoxx is obviously the most solid of all the DLCs.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 29, 2010, 03:35 PM

He might be. Though we're (I'm) better of letting his brother catch-up before running someone through that. For some reason P2 has been a real grind for me. Well I know the reason – sub-standard CR and shields neutralized whenever the Lance sneeze on them. And the vehicles are gigantic pain in the balls, too.

Yeah, I was surprised how much I enjoyed Moxxi's. I'd really love to get three or four people for it because I don't think It'll be that exciting with two.

Anyway, if you want those SDUs I'm up to run through P1 Ned with you (at least until I'm done with the braaaaaaaains!). In fact if we can get the Boost Brothers going I think K is high enough lvl to start it (He'll probably have to host, though).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2010, 04:35 PM

If the Crosbie sisters are down for Ned, then I'm in. Otherwise I'd rather keep plugging away at P2 of Knoxx.

I agree that we should wait for a group of 3 or 4 for Moxxi. Something tells me the low scores it got were from the perspective of doing it solo.

Rumor
Jul 29, 2010, 09:53 PM

I have a lv 32/33 Hunter I can help out with. After I max him out, I think finish my lv 34 Brick.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2010, 11:17 PM

I'm down for whatever. I'd really like to get in a game with you guys.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Jul 29, 2010, 11:22 PM

Been MIA all week but picked up Zombie/Knoxx DLC, i'm on the edge with Moxxi but if you clowns are playing i'll throw down the 5 bones just to add some play time. I'm about a quarter way through P2 but could use a decent team.

I'll be on all night friday after 5pm EST.

I got up to 51 and tried out one mission on Knoxx just to check out the area but nothing more, and didn't even start zombie.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 30, 2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I have a lv 32/33 Hunter I can help out with. After I max him out, I think finish my lv 34 Brick.
Yeah, I may start using my Siren again. She was such an elemental slut it was awesome. And her SMG proficiency should be handy, as I find there to be a dearth of good Combat Rifles (let alone elemental).

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
I'm down for whatever. I'd really like to get in a game with you guys.
I'm less likely to help with the main storyline (at least early) vs the DLC. Still, maybe I'll abuse the situation and have you two boost a Brick character while your brother boosts you.

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Been MIA all week but picked up Zombie/Knoxx DLC, i'm on the edge with Moxxi but if you clowns are playing i'll throw down the 5 bones just to add some play time. I'm about a quarter way through P2 but could use a decent team.
Just pick it up, scumass. We both know we can make $5 taking a shit. Your in a position where you can make up a fake bank fee and charge someone $5 to make up for it.

(Plus it'll be the only challenging mode left after we beat all the DLCs)

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
I got up to 51 and tried out one mission on Knoxx just to check out the area but nothing more, and didn't even start zombie.
You and I might need to do a few farming runs.

---

Speaking of farming, I died last night and lost 7.3 mil - which leaves my fortune at an estimate of roughly 100 million. But lets face it, I'm not farming for money anymore, just in the hopes of finding some cool shit.

And it is literally impossible to find good shields in this game. Which is brutal because at the higher levels your shields tend to become a non-factor more often.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 30, 2010, 06:00 PM

Last night yielded more dark orange weapons than I've ever seen before. Not to metion 3 level 6 action skill upgrades.

Rumor
Aug 1, 2010, 07:49 PM

Hit 61.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 2, 2010, 09:28 PM

We playing tonight?

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 02:48 AM

I am so close to getting a 100% on this game. The hardest may be the loot midgets, while the most time consuming is probably Moxxi's.

Dakar is one after me at 58 complete. sek comes in second with 53 done.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 10:15 AM

59. And I'm all but done with this game if can't get some 3-4 man meet-ups to do some Moxxi and Knoxx.

Also, I think my solider character is ****ed. I can't find better CRs (They might be the rarest weapon), and my other weapon proficiencies are too low to make other weapons viable. And there's no easy way to raise proficiency on either (Pre-Knoxx you would just fight Rakk Hives. Now, what? Crawmerax? Please). It sucks.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2010, 10:37 AM

Well I need help finishing the Knoxx missions sek & I started last night. If you guys want to help out, I'll be on around 7pm tonight.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 10:38 AM

I'm not wasting time on P1. Unless it's Moxxi.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2010, 12:04 PM

It was actually kinda fun last night blasting through P1 of Knoxx.

That x4 corrosive SMG I snagged (Dark Orange) was a little weak for my level, but was tearing the Lance soldiers a new ass last night.

Also, let the record state that I died on the the Crimson Tollway thanks to those awful Lancers.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
59. And I'm all but done with this game if can't get some 3-4 man meet-ups to do some Moxxi and Knoxx.

Also, I think my solider character is ****ed. I can't find better CRs (They might be the rarest weapon), and my other weapon proficiencies are too low to make other weapons viable. And there's no easy way to raise proficiency on either (Pre-Knoxx you would just fight Rakk Hives. Now, what? Crawmerax? Please). It sucks.
Before we can attempt Crawerax we need everyone to be level 61. For myself, I am perfectly happy trying out different builds. Currently, I just started P2 with a Brick that uses shotguns, tanks, and is an explosive expert, no action skill use at all. It's actually a bit difficult since my shotgun isn't that great.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 01:47 PM

Before we can attempt Crawerax we need everyone to be level 61
Oh, I'm well aware. Personally, I think my 61 soldier will be worthless for the aforementioned reasons.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 02:13 PM

Remind me to give you that Bastard CR I have when we are IG.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2010, 02:20 PM

I'm a little confused on how artifacts work. I have a few of them in my backpack for the Siren.
2 incendiary artifacts, 1 shock and one explosive (that I can't seem use). Can you use only one at a time? What happens if I use both incendiaries? Does that double the power? Let's say I use the shock artifact. Does that cancel out the incendiary or do they combine with each other?

Also, why can't I use the explosive artifact. Does it have something to do with my skill tree?

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 02:23 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 02:27 PM

Remind me to give you that Bastard CR I have when we are IG.
That reminds me, sek, I have a shield and sniper for you.

We should get Bogues & sek in on your next Armory run, assuming you haven't done it already.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2010, 02:42 PM

Ahh I see. Thanks for the link Rumor.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 04:48 PM

So according to the internet, I'm pretty much ****ed regarding weapon proficiency. Finally found the glaring flaw in the game, I guess.
(Weapon proficiency increases according the amount of xp you're getting, but it should also be affected by the level of the foe. Using a zero proficiency repeater against a lvl 50 opponent should earn me some serious proficiency, regardless if I'm level ****ing 55 or whatever)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2010, 06:17 PM

An artifact will only be 'used' if it doesn't exists in your action skill artifact slot, or is the same level as the one you've already equipped.

Let it also be known that Dakar had no idea you could switch between the different types of elemental damage for his action skill.

Be on tonight around 10.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 08:45 PM

So according to the internet, I'm pretty much ****ed regarding weapon proficiency. Finally found the glaring flaw in the game, I guess.
(Weapon proficiency increases according the amount of xp you're getting, but it should also be affected by the level of the foe. Using a zero proficiency repeater against a lvl 50 opponent should earn me some serious proficiency, regardless if I'm level ****ing 55 or whatever)
Are you sure you can't gain proficiencies after you hit the level cap? There is still an xp value per kill, you just can't level up.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2010, 08:54 PM

I'm not saying I can't, I'm saying its much harder at 61 rather than 50 thanks to the lack of high level bosses.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2010, 09:09 PM

I can help with that...

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 4, 2010, 10:38 AM

I can help with that...
We'll see. Scheduling is a problem, let alone time wasted.

Oh, before I forget, I saw an awesome x3 explosive shotty last night. Ran 9 mil, but I picked it up for you Berserker char. Ask fatty, it was pretty badass.

---

Level 61. And I have like 4 missions to turn in yet. Fatty managed to earn 2 levels last night too. Also, we're on the first armory mission... which means we should either wait for rumor so we can do one of his runs we're ineligible for, or wait for Bogues to have a 3rd person to help with the looting.

Oh yeah, we died, like, a million times last night. Why do vehicles have to be such death traps? Also, the dynamite is total bullshit.

Finally:
Alright fellas, since I can barely hear you guys and always forget, lets post some stats here.

My top weapon proficiencies:

SMG: 15
Shotty: 15
CR: 18
This was at 45. Since then I refocused my efforts on getting CR proficiency and I'm now thisL

SMG: 18
Shotty: 18
CR: 32

Still really low considering I'm 61, but a pretty good improvement.

Rumor
Aug 5, 2010, 01:59 PM

I'll be on tonight for quite some time. The woman is out of town until tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about her nagging.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 5, 2010, 02:01 PM

If fatty is on and you haven't finished them yet, we should do a Knoxx run.

Rumor
Aug 5, 2010, 02:02 PM

Sounds good to me. He was easy enough the first time, shouldn't be much harder with an added person of his level.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 5, 2010, 02:06 PM

Gotta start closer to 10 though.

Rumor
Aug 5, 2010, 02:14 PM

That's fine, since it would be 7 my time, which is usually right around the time I get home from work.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2010, 02:27 PM

I'll be on early today. No g/f tonight and busy friends, so that means I'll be balls deep in the 360.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2010, 02:55 PM

I don't have to work tomorrow so I will be on all night. Maybe this time I can contribute more than just 9 kills.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 5, 2010, 02:57 PM

You'll shoot your eye out.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 11:07 AM

Well, last night was by the most fun I've had in a while (the other being power-leveled as the Siren last week), even if we didn't do a Knoxx Run. That Circle of Duty stuff is pretty solid and a way too handy way to work on Weapon Proficiency (Fatty's Launcher prof is now higher than my second and third-best proficiencies). Sadly, it's more fun than Moxxi's (The level design there sucks).

Also, I think having 4 people on Knoxx was clutch - I got a ridiculously awesome scoped full-auto CR and rumor got that shield we all hate his guts for. Plus at some point I picked up another CR that ended up combining the best aspects of a few I had been juggling in my inventory (Might have gotten it as a CoD reward).

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 11:13 AM

Hell I was even able to find a replacement shield, and another shield for when I turn 61.

That's a sign of good loot.

After some quick rudimentary math, I lost 9 mil due to deaths last night and gained nearly 20 million from selling things. At one point just the CRs in my inventory were worth 4 million on their own.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 11:14 AM

You better be making sure they're not awesome shit before selling them, McBlobicus. I had to pry the one I'm using from your clenched hands.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 01:43 PM

Most were only around the 400-500 grand mark, and green or blue. If I see an orange or purple CR I'll leave it where it fell.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 02:07 PM

Yeah, in my experience it ain't color that really matters (particularly given how rare full auto CRs are to begin with). Just as long as they're 250+ damage and a minimum of 7 Fire rate, I'm interested.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 02:12 PM

If I see anything with a damage near 300 I won't sell it without closer inspection.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 02:14 PM

So, is the Rocket Launcher now your second highest proficiency? Actually, given your sniper hit 24 (maybe higher) last night, the launcher must be close to passing it, right?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 02:17 PM

I think SMG and launcher are a dead-heat now.

I think last night took launcher to 20 (from 15) and SMG might be 21 or 22.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 02:20 PM

Sounds like all three are in a dead heat. I can sympathize.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2010, 03:26 PM

Thanks to last night's meet up, I'm now at Level 47. Rumor stuck around and we blasted through the early missions of play through 2 campaign. He gave me a pretty badass Hellfire SMG for a level 37 that I'm still using.

Damage: 86
Accuracy: 83.3
Fire Rate 8.3 with a 46 round clip
x4 fire and a 2.9x zoom

Rumor wil notl be back on until Sunday, so it looks like I'll be working on the play through 1 missions for the DLC.

Current weapon proficiencies:
SMG: 27
CR: 15
Sniper: 12

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 03:33 PM

Nice clip, decent fire rate, nice elemental damage...

Regular damage is a bit low for lvl 47, not to mention that fire damage isn't all that useful in the Knoxx DLC.

From what I've gathered while playing, Explosive and Corrosive damage are the two most useful. Even without shock damage I am able to take most enemies shields off with a couple hits. Fire damage is great for the beginning of the game, against skags and non-armored enemies, but later it loses its charm.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 03:37 PM

Elemental weapons have notoriously low damage. It's too much of an either/or situation.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2010, 03:46 PM

Especially SMGs.

My most powerful sniper right now is the x4 Explosive Rumor gave me, It has nearly 800 damage, good fire rate and a good clip.

The best elemental SMG I have is x3 explosive, 116 Damage, 12 fire rate and 38 clip. The best x4 SMG is Corrosive, great clip, 120 damage, and a shitty fire rate.

Really all of my guns are starting to show their age. Last night was a rude awakening at how hard a P2 Knoxx run will really be, especially when my shields are taken down in one shot regardless of how large they are.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 6, 2010, 03:52 PM

I'll keep an eye out for a new SMG for you. I think its time for a little bit of farming tonight. Do you care if they're non-elemental?

Forum Links
Forum Rules