Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Eliminate (Pro)

Eliminate (Pro)
Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2009, 02:27 PM

Anyone else download this game to their iDevice? It's free, so I took a bite. It's actually quite nice. Nothing more than you'd expect; it's just deathmatch on the go. It does have a rather deep upgrade process though, which gives it some life. I haven't played on 3G, as I only have a touch, so I wonder how that goes. Apparently future patches will add other game modes and more maps.

Some info on the game for those unaware of it...

Almost Everything You Need to Know About 'Eliminate Pro' (Review) | Touch Arcade

Eliminate Review | TouchGen

Obviously the in-app purchasing of energy cells is BS, but there's no reason to do that. 3 matches and your energy is gone, then 2 hours later you have it fully charged again. How much are we really gonna play this game?

Anyways, to add each other as friends, there's a Plus+ (Xbox LIVE) account integration, used in Rolando and other ngmoco games, plus many others.

My name is MacUser001

At least this is one platform we're all likely to have...

Just respond to this thread saying you added me and tell me your account name, because I get like 1 or 2 random Plus+ adds a day.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 2, 2009, 04:48 PM

I enjoy this game, but I get tired of it very quickly.

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2009, 12:48 PM

It's definitely a pick-up-and-put-down kind of game.

The achievement system is rather satisfying, but some are near impossible to achieve.

Rank #1 in worldwide leaderboards.
Rank in the Top 10 of the worldwide leaderboards.

Huh? Are you kidding me?

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2009, 11:39 PM

I'd just be happy if my 'energy cells' recharged faster. I don't want to start paying out large sums of cash to actually buy gear in the game.

It'd be nice if they had an "all you can play" option for various time frames. $3 for a day, for those times when you have wayyyyyyyy too much time to kill traveling or sitting in an airport.

Resquall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2010, 09:28 AM

Impossible? For some reason I had obtained those rewards like the first day of playing.
As for the game itself, I never want to play it again. Too many d-bags who spam antimatter or that new titan (which is so damned strong, its too cheap). I also hate people who spam berserker shields.
My furthest complaint is the fact that the matching system is ridiculous. I was rank 18 with 4000 skill. Great. Match me up with high skilled 20-16 ranks, not 39-70 ranks. Ranking IS an issue--higher ranks means more lifetime credits which means they have super-suped-up-gear. It's so stupid.

SC Redmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2010, 07:36 PM

well since you have such an amazing skill level, (mine is only about 2500) they think you are good at the game. all they are doing is giving you a challenge. plus if you skill level goes down, you will be playing people at about the same ranking as you.

also i have been wondering, is it possible to get more than 10 kills becuase it seemed like I had 20 in one game but it only gave me 10 kills in the ranking afterward.
Let's go Redmen!

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2010, 09:50 AM

Thats not possible. The match ends if anyone gets 10 kills, them being the winner.

SC Redmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2010, 04:27 PM

are deaths negative kills? some people i have played with had negative kills at the end of a match. if that is the case, i must have gotten killed a lot too.
Let's go Redmen!

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2010, 05:18 PM

That might be the case. I really haven't looked that much in to it. Good chance thats what it is though.

SC Redmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2010, 05:13 PM

i wish the kills went over 10 and it was only timed. i also wish other things would happen like an update that would have more weapons, skins, and guns. the prototype skins should be made permanent. also i think there should be certain types of grenades. there should also be a melee attack button becuase it is hard to aim you are circling around with someone and you can't kill eachother.
Let's go Redmen!

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 20, 2010, 06:42 PM

The kill limit doesn't bother me too much, but options are nice. I'm sure everything you want in extra weapons, skins and guns will come. They just released a new permanent type of rocket launcher. I don't think grenades would fit in the game. And I don't think there should be a melee button. The fluff of this game, and for a mobile deathmatch style game, it has a surprising amount, is that you are a paid employee in a weapons testing facility. Melee need not apply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules