Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Custom CD Window (like what you get with software)

Custom CD Window (like what you get with software)
NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Dec 9, 2008, 12:59 PM

hey im creating a mail out disc for my portfolio and would quite like to create a custom background like what you get when you install a program and the DMG/disc has a image on the background. and also retain the size of the icons, and have no top and side menu, and an auto pop up of the window.

is it simply a case of modding the burn folder to how i want it? and then burning?

sorry my description is very poor, finding it very hard to describe

Edit: ok so i tried just editing the burn folder window to how i wanted it to look on the destination computer and some things work others didnt, my custom icons worked, the size of the icons worked, what didnt work was the size of the window, custom background image
( Last edited by NobleMatt; Dec 9, 2008 at 02:30 PM. )
The Spammer Formally Known As Crazyreaper
Mac Book Pro 15", 2.66 Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3 / iPhone 4 16GB

Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2008, 06:40 PM

I vaguely recall software for Classic that was able to take an image and create folders within a folder to create that image but i cannot for the life of me remember what the software was called. i think it came on a macaddict cd - that was a long time ago. i think back then you could change the background color in resedit too.

Originally Posted by crazyreaper View Post
hey im creating a mail out disc for my portfolio and would quite like to create a custom background like what you get when you install a program and the DMG/disc has a image on the background. and also retain the size of the icons, and have no top and side menu, and an auto pop up of the window.

is it simply a case of modding the burn folder to how i want it? and then burning?

sorry my description is very poor, finding it very hard to describe

Edit: ok so i tried just editing the burn folder window to how i wanted it to look on the destination computer and some things work others didnt, my custom icons worked, the size of the icons worked, what didnt work was the size of the window, custom background image
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

NobleMatt  (op)
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Dec 9, 2008, 07:05 PM

found a solution i think, need to give it a go but looks like it might work, going to try the way mentioned at the bottom in the comments about doing it in toast cause i do need to do a dual format win/mac disc

Link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...70216063522395
The Spammer Formally Known As Crazyreaper
Mac Book Pro 15", 2.66 Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3 / iPhone 4 16GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules